Financial Report - UNT Athletics

MeanGreen61

Student Activity Fees are listed seperately in "non-program specific".

Not sure where they get their info from but I am pretty sure that football has some sponsors, they show only non program specific under "Advertisements & Sponsorship". No-one donates specifically to the Football program? Where did the jumbo-tron come from?

Here is another weird thing.

Student fees:

UNT= $4,315,679

UT..= $1,673,928

Thats more than twice the amount UNT over Texas.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I realize that the reporting methods by various institutions result in some distorted figures for a given category but I need an explanation on the institutional support categories.

I looked at the Sun Belt, USA and Western Athletic Conferences and found that we are the ONLY school with a big, fat ZERO under the four support categories. All 21 reporting schools had institutional support averaging around four million dollars. And, don't tell me that's not allowed in Texas universities because Houston had a whopping $8.9 million and UTEP wasn't far behind.

We did reasonably well in several of the categores....sports camp revenue, advertisers, contributions, and concessions. Our pull of more than one million dollars from the NCAA was in the upper eschelon. But, I am beginning to see why CUSA selected their teams ahead of us.