The North Texan

UNTLifer

user posted image

user posted image

I'm confused. Unless these are pictures of Denia Park, why is the Woman's softball team not playing games at this facility? With the limited view of the pictures, the only thing missing from here is the stands.

user posted image

user posted image

I'm confused. Unless these are pictures of Denia Park, why is the Woman's softball team not playing games at this facility? With the limited view of the pictures, the only thing missing from here is the stands.

I think this is a practice field or Denia. Their new softball complex is still being "made". There are construction workers doing stuff out there every week. I don't think it's even got the red dirt yet.

The worm

Every time I read a story about the UNT Eagle (“ The first flight,” winter 2005), my memory automatically harks back to the era when Hayden Fry was the head football coach. It was somebody’s misguided brainstorm to redesign the Eagle in a sort of modernistic way, and to change the dark green of the uniform colors to a sort of limey chartreuse. The logo quickly became known as “the flying worm,” because that’s what it looked like.

As for the new shade of green, well, I clearly remember one of my all-time favorite headlines in The North Texas Daily. The story was a pre-season “dope” story that told about the new color and evaluated the team as not being quite as strong, especially defensively, as in previous years. The head said: How mean slime green?

The name of the headline writer long ago slipped from my memory, but he or she probably got an “A” in editing lab that day.

Roy Moses

UNT “head flack,” 1966-1968

UNT journalism faculty, 1972-1997

Lake Kiowa

Imagine that, from a journalism faculty member?

Rick