Question concerning GMG.com game location?

I'm asking this, because, well I just know how our beloved NT runs. Our game, honoring the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund is being played on a practice field instead of inside Fouts because of the "Race for the Cure" Cancer event had already reserved it prior to us. My question stems from recently finding out that most of the "Race for the Cure" events are 12 hour long NIGHT events. It was in Springtown and Azle last year. My wife not only is walking in the 3 Day Walk in Dallas again this October, but is also walking in the Springtown "Race for the Cure" event next month, and she's telling me that is a night time event. So, if "Race for the Cure" has Fouts reserved for Saturday, April 8th, my question is: Does Keith and the North Texas Athletic department know if it is also a night time event, which the GMG.com MORNING flag football game wouldn't interfere with? If it is a night event, I'm willing to bet the NT athletic department does not know this? Can't hurt to ask, right? I'm just trying to avoid us showing up to play beside an empty and quiet Fouts and everyone asking, "So why can't we play in there again?".

Anyone know?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I'm asking this, because, well I just know how our beloved NT runs.  Our game, honoring the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund is being played on a practice field instead of inside Fouts because of the "Race for the Cure" Cancer event had already reserved it prior to us.  My question stems from recently finding out that most of the "Race for the Cure" events are 12 hour long NIGHT events.  It was in Springtown and Azle last year.  My wife not only is walking in the 3 Day Walk in Dallas again this October, but is also walking in the Springtown "Race for the Cure" event next month, and she's telling me that is a night time event.  So, if "Race for the Cure" has Fouts reserved for Saturday, April 8th, my question is:  Does Keith and the North Texas Athletic department know if it is also a night time event, which the GMG.com MORNING flag football game wouldn't interfere with?  If it is a night event, I'm willing to bet the NT athletic department does not know this?  Can't hurt to ask, right?  I'm just trying to avoid us showing up to play beside an empty and quiet Fouts and everyone asking, "So why can't we play in there again?".

Anyone know?

Rick

The answer is the Ath. Dept. reserves the field for the entire booked date. There is setup, markings, pictures. etc... that is done early in the day for the Race 4 Life event that they must have full access to the stadium. Although we would not be in it after about 1:30, the rule is that the people who are scheduled for the event get the stadium for the entire booked date. I personally dont have a problem playing on the same field where we have played for the past two years.

The AD has been really good about trying to accomodate us. The practice field they got for us isnt even theirs now, so they probably had to pay for it. It belongs to Rec. Sports now. I would love to play in Fouts too..but this is the way it has worked out, and the field we now have is fine.

Med

Rick, the Benbrook Relay for Life starts preping its site at 8am the day of the event. Yeah, most of the activity is over night, but it takes a while to get everything ready. Plus, Denton's Relay works differently then the regular ones. For some reason, they don't do it overnight, just all day long.

rec sports hasnt used fouts in 3 years....Steve...my only issue is you need to call up or i can ask my boss over at rec sports but that field was pretty trashed at the beginning of the semester....they were doing some work on it and it had some big trenches dug into it...I havent had to work voer there in awhile so it very well could be fixed but just a precaution

rec sports hasnt used fouts in 3 years....Steve...my only issue is you need to call up or i can ask my boss over at rec sports but that field was pretty trashed at the beginning of the semester....they were doing some work on it and it had some big trenches dug into it...I havent had to work voer there in awhile so it very well could be fixed but just a precaution

Thanks for the info. Keith assured me the field will be ready. If it is not, we will use the practice field behind that one. I will walk the field early, as usual. The game will be played there as schduled. We got bumped from Fouts because we needed the 8th. The 1st and 15th didnt work because of player conflicts.

All is well, and the AD is working with us to get what we need. Rick Villareal will be there at the game, so I dont think we will have a problem.

I appreciate all of the concerns, but we are well on top of this one...

GMG!!!