Phillips shines at QB

MeanGreen61

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but he was out for most of last spring with the rotator cuff injury.  He was in for most of the season last year, except a few times when he got dinged.

Yeah, I meant to type last fall (meaning 2004), when he was down on the depth chart. I remembered him out being in the spring. It was a big part of why Byerly ended up the starter.

And yeah, he was in for MOST of last season, except for a few times he got "dinged." Unless, of course, you consider a concussion a little more than "dinged," or that people liked to explain his inability to make the throws by saying his shoulder was still hurt.

Also, I was responding to the post that he didn't miss any snaps in the regular season for being injured, when, in fact, he did, after he got a concussion against FAU.

I really don't think the guy's got any defense from the "injury prone" label at this point.

Unless, of course, you consider a concussion a little more than "dinged," or that people liked to explain his inability to make the throws by saying his shoulder was still hurt. 

Actually, his shoulder didn't heal properly. It is my understanding that he developed post-surgery bursitis in his shoulder, which bugged him up to and through spring ball this year.

Also, I was responding to the post that he didn't miss any snaps in the regular season for being injured, when, in fact, he did, after he got a concussion against FAU.

I really don't think the guy's got any defense from the "injury prone" label at this point.

You are totally right that he was injured during the season. The hit he took against Arky State gave me the willies. I was just glad he eventually got up. And (as much as I was in the Meager camp to start last fall, this is really tough to say) anyone who wants to prove that he isn't "injury prone" is definitely facing an uphill battle.

Edited by illuvius32