Good food and good game tonight

My favorite dish at the Taste of North Texas was again the baby back ribs from Roadhouse. Me and the F5 stuffed ourselves pretty good before heading over to the Green vs White game.

JQ put on a show tonight at the scrimmage. WW looks real good and showed his speed. He threw a beauty to Muzzy down the middle for a long strike. Evan Robertson has some serious moves. He looked very impressive tonight. Germaine Dawson looked good at LB, flew around all over and made many plays. Overall it was a fun night with lots of scoring. I especially liked the nice touch added by the Talons having "Boomer the Cannon" and the Mean Green Victory Bell in attendance. Boomer sounded great there towards the end. You know he's doing his job when you hear people trying to get their breath back after he lets go of a good one.

Rick

The team was very impressive- a world away from what we saw this time last spring.

I liked #91 on defense. When his helmet came off, I figured he'd stay out the play, but instead, he went after it like he still had his pot on. He probably decided that he could see better and move faster without it on anyways.

Matt Phillips was good in the pocket, period. He had two passes, to JQ and another to Nwigwe that I swore would either be dropped or knocked out. JQ's and Nwigwe's hands combined with Phillips' passing for some great plays.

I was really impressed with Robertson and Cox, they are just plain fast. Jackson looks to be a great WR and a solid one this coming season. The defense on both sides showed

showed pressure tonight, it looks like moving to the 3-4 has paid off major dividends.

And here's something I heard from WW as he made it back to the sidelines after his first TD pass: "That's what it's about, that's what [expletive] need- leadership!"

And here's something I heard from WW as he made it back to the sidelines after his first TD pass: "That's what it's about, that's what [expletive] need- leadership!"

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Wilson. However, throwing the occasional long TD pass is not what leadership is all about. I'm hoping that whoever steps out on the field to play QB this fall against Texas has it all together as a leader.

The TD's, via passes or otherwise, will then follow.

I'm going to ask the Denton Kiwanis Club if they will, for next year, place on the reverse of the Taste of North Texas ticket a "free" admission to the scrimmage. Perhaps people will want to get the most out of their Taste ticket and walk across the street.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

GO MEAN GREEN