Stanford's "new" stadium

Baby Arm!

Stanford Stadium

Site on Stanford's reconstruction of their stadium.

Some interesting numbers. Stadium capacity is going to drop from 85,500 to 50,000. By getting rid of the track and lowering the field the distance from the first usable seat to the sideline is going from 115 ft. to 45 feet! And the furthest seat from the sideline is moving from 265 feet away to only 180ft.

"The New Stanford Stadium project renovation is estimated to cost $90 million."

We could build two (2) brand NEW stadiums that we want for that cost.   sad.gif

BTW, anyone heard anything about our new stadium plans recently?   2009 is getting closer!    dry.gif

Northern California construction cost vs. metropolitan Texas construction cost.

I can't believe Stanford had an 85K seat stadium.

Edited by pollock

That is a nice looking stadium BUT look at how many of those seats are in the end zones. It reminds me of the old Arlington Stadium where the Rangers used to play. A lot of their seats were in the outfield with a smaller number of good seats between the foul poles. It looks like this stadium will be similar.

"The New Stanford Stadium project renovation is estimated to cost $90 million."

We could build two (2) brand NEW stadiums that we want for that cost.   sad.gif

That's the price you pay for being Stupid, and not getting it right the first time. That is why ADLER has been consistent with reminding those who may have the power to make such decisions with our stadium, NOT to make the same mistake by putting so many, so far away from the field with that rediculously large upper section displayed in the plans for the new NT stadium. That part MUST be redrawn.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Then that would also kill any hopes of a real 1-A conference too.  He doesn't want us getting too close to his SMUt's level.    tongue.gif

If that's the case, and we are stuck with Fouts and ignored by CUSA as a result, then I would push for admittance into the WAC. Like immediately. This program needs to sh!t or get off the pot. Sink or swim in the WAC.

I do not think there is a conspiracy, just priorities of those in charge. We are going to have a new president soon. Dr. Pohl resigned to pursue other interest in academics across the country. In other words, he quit without having another job. What does this mean? To me it means that he was tired of something, maybe burned out.

I have heard that Lee Jackson is a very hard man to work for. It is also been by more than one person that his priorities are with UNT Dallas, not UNT athletics. A lot of what PMG says is true. He is not just typing pointless dribble. I agree that you do not need 3 pages to say what can be said in one paragraph. However, he means well, and is more connected than some of you think.

Mark it down, you will not hear anything about a new stadium unless you ask, and then you will get a political answer.

Edited by flyonthewall

This would work at NT!!!

I think all the money will go to UNTD.

Once again, stadium funding, or any funding for athletic facilities, is all done through private donations. If alums give and state that they want the money to go specifically to athletics, then LJ can't touch it for NT-Dallas.