Tired of the Direction of the Program

UNTLifer

Here's my idea. Stop your support of everything but athletics. Divert all of your donations to athletics. Let LJ's dream of UNT Dallas die on the vine. If you bought season tickets last year buy two extra this year. If you weren't in the Mean Green Club, join. If you were in the MGC, up your donation.

This would allow the athletic department to promote the program the way we all want, build the facilities NT deserves, buy out bad contracts and provide our student-athletes with the tools to succeed.

By not contributing to other areas you don't allow LJ to win. Currently he is by discouraging many alums from giving to the AD.

Here's my idea.  Stop your support of everything but athletics.  Divert all of your donations to athletics.  Let LJ's dream of UNT Dallas die on the vine.  If you bought season tickets last year buy two extra this year.  If you weren't in the Mean Green Club, join.  If you were in the MGC, up your donation.

This would allow the athletic department to promote the program the way we all want, build the facilities NT deserves, buy out bad contracts and provide our student-athletes with the tools to succeed.

By not contributing to other areas you don't allow LJ to win.  Currently he is by discouraging many alums from giving to the AD.

Sounds better then stopping donations and ticket purchases and then hoping things change. The more $$$ you have invested in the program, the more likely you are to heard. It works kinda like voting ... no vote == no voice.

Here's my idea.  Stop your support of everything but athletics.  Divert all of your donations to athletics.  Let LJ's dream of UNT Dallas die on the vine.  If you bought season tickets last year buy two extra this year.  If you weren't in the Mean Green Club, join.  If you were in the MGC, up your donation.

By not contributing to other areas you don't allow LJ to win.  Currently he is by discouraging many alums from giving to the AD.

Isn't this what all Mean Green fans should have been doing for the past 40+ years? Plummer talks about the 100,000 alumni living in the DFW area - if half of them would buy one or two season tickets each season and contribute something to athletics each year, we wouldn't be in the shape we are presently in. My opinion is that there are people in higher places that just do not want to see North Texas move up athletically under any circumstances. I know, sounds like a conspiracy theory. Well it damn well could be. ph34r.gif

Isn't this what all Mean Green fans should have been doing for the past 40+ years?  Plummer talks about the 100,000 alumni living in the DFW area - if half of them would buy one or two season tickets each season and contribute something to athletics each year, we wouldn't be in the shape we are presently in.  My opinion is that there are people in higher places that just do not want to see North Texas move up athletically under any circumstances.  I know, sounds like a conspiracy theory.  Well it damn well could be. ph34r.gif

OR! It could be cultural inertia.

Just like the object that will continue along it's path until enough force is applied to change it's direction. The same thing happens with cultures, families, and individual habits.

The "We-just-want-to-be-the-best-little-teacher's-college-and-we-don't-need-anymore-money-for-athletics-than-we-already-have" mentality that has gone on for decades (even before Dr. Matthews) at North Texas hasn't had enough force applied to it (and for a sufficient amount of time) to change it's direction.

...or it could be a conspiracy. rolleyes.gif

OR! It could be cultural inertia.

I'll subscribe to this theory over the conspiracy theory.

Takes time to turn the barge that is NT's public perception. And I think we are on the right track. I, like many of you, want it now. So I donate money. I invite friends to games. Its as much as I feel I can do to directly impact athletics at this point in time.