2006 schedule and opinions

Mean'n'Green07

Guest GrayEagleOne

Dickey has had 4 winning seasons and 4 losing seasons up to this point. His overall record is far below .500 (39-55 i believe). If he goes below .500 again that makes it 5 losing seasons that we've had him here for. I don't care how low expectations are right now, it will have been 9 years and he will have more losing seasons than winning with a terrible record.

Dickey has had only three winning seasons. He was 7-5 in 2004, 9-4 in 2003, and 8-5 in 2002. He has had two 2-9 seasons, one 5-7 and two at 3-8.

Dickey has had only three winning seasons.  He was 7-5 in 2004, 9-4 in 2003, and 8-5 in 2002.  He has had two 2-9 seasons, one 5-7 and two at 3-8.

Probably the most unusual NCAA D1-A head football coaching job I've witnessed in 40+ years as a college football fan. Just wish it weren't our alma mater that all this were happening as I know many of you now feel (and some who still for whatever reasons don't won't to publicly admit). Adding insult to injury is the arrogance that has been exhibited by those who seem to think SBC/Botttom 10 successes will get them a Big 10 or Big 12 job. Some of that same arrogance we've all heard on the radio airwaves to boot and what some would consider a much too regular and on-going basis.sad.gif

And an NT coaching job persevered by the cold, blatant fact that DD has been having a turkey shoot with the "sisters of the SBC poor" to keep this thing continuing and (subsequently) preventing our alma mater from going to the next level (since this level seems to be just fine for some of our present UNT leadership). I wonder if that same UNT leadership would get just as giddy if they beat their own sisters in tennis matchups 4 years in a row. From all appearances, I think they would.

Have A Nice Day! smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Pardon me for now, mother nature (keeps on) a-callin'.  (Does Kayopectate take care of a light case of probable food poisoning)?

Food poisoning? No, my friend you were POISONED. And, if I had to guess it was probably done by someone in the Athletic Department. I told you years ago to do what I did: hire a food taster.

If you don't make it.....I'll see you on the other side.

Food poisoning? No, my friend you were POISONED. And, if I had to guess it was probably done by someone in the Athletic Department. I told you years ago to do what I did: hire a food taster.

If you don't make it.....I'll see you on the other side.

LOL!

Well, you have to be exposed to those who you suggest (and I know you are being most tongue-in-cheek); anyway, you have to be exposed to those who you very humorously suggests might be doing all the food poisoining, SUMG. smile.gif

And for me, being to exposed to all that is not going to happen for awhile until I suppose its going to have to be good ol' Mother Nature herself who takes care of all this going on in MG Country since UNT leaders seem to rubberstamp just about anything relating to NT Athletics that crosses their desks.

Sorta' sad, too, that these same leaders are hardly asking longtime MG fans and NT Exes their opinions on what they they really think to be the "state of the MG union" up in Denton (and doing so w/o wearing those green smudged glasses). Oh well, guess many of us will just have to bide some time until many others see what they really have up there, Johnny.

PS: And I am praying for more rain, we got about 4 inches out here in Parker County last week, my pond is full and they are talking rain tonight! What about Texarkana, have yall gotten some rain? NOW MUST GO TO WORK!

We could use some of that rain out here in Central Arizona. It hasn't rained here since October 2005. I know this feeds into the joke about the Phoenix lady visiting friends over in California.

She calls home and says, "You know that stuff that flows in the irrigation canals. Well, it falls right out of the sky here!"