2006 Predictions

SunBeltFootball

its hard to talk smack after a last place in the subelt finish. though in my heart I belive that we will return to our rightful spot atop this league

No it's not....I registered and posted on the thread. I think we'll be top 3 this year, not sure if we can win the conference, but Bliel alone gives us a chance.

ps....for those not at the scrimmage on Sat (which is near everyone as there were maybe 10 people in the stands), there were moments where our D made me cringe again. I remember, back in 2001/02/03, sitting in the stands at Fouts and actually feeling sorry for the opposing offense....we used to HIT and punish offensive players. There were times (mostly the middle section of the scrimmage) where the D was just dominating and seemed to be in the right position to lay big hits on every play. Also, the 3-4 put us in the backfield on most plays....Bliel was running it with the OLBs lining up either both on the LOS, or just off it...to where it almost looked like a 5-2. Needless to say, this leaves us open to give up big plays, but it also means we can make quite a few. Either way, you can't help but be hopeful watching Bliel in action....I think he'll help quite the posts pleading for Deloach's return....

also....I wanted to reply to the post by Harry, but the thread was locked. I guess I would like to know how W. Wilson can possibly be considered "even" with Meager or Phillips. He ran entirely with the 2nd team oline....while Meager and Phillips only played with the 1st team line. Wouldn't that mean that he's ranked behind them on the ladder at this point? Also, I didn't see anything from him that would put him even close to Meager at this point (I thought Phillips had a tough scrimmage). Granted, the 2nd team dline looked VASTLY superior to the 2nd team oline so El Presidente didn't have much time to do anything but run for his life. Oh, and the reports on Isaac Thomas are RIGHT ON. He was flat out dominating. I also thought 61 looked pretty good next to him at DE. Either way, if I. Thomas can make it through to the fall, we are IN BUSINESS in 2006.