Interesting info on leftover NT prospects

OldTimer

RB's Nathan Guillary Houston Kashmere and Devin Godboldt of Liberty Christian signed with Coffeyville CC...question did NT place them there? Since Coffeyville is a major recruiting source for NT it would be a good move and we have a chance when they graduate.

Brent Brown, whom I was surprised we didn't sign, it is my understanding he signed with Northern Colorado

There were 35 prospects on our list that Rivals showed not signed...but obviously what happened is no follow through by Rivals as shown by this post.

Jeff Turner, the kicker from Cypress HS...reportled to be 16th ranked in US signed with Southeaster La. (4 yr school)

JaMarcus Skillern, TE from Nacogdoches...started the year as a 3* and in the top state 100 Houston Chronicle....signed with Tarleton State...quite a skid.

Robert Westbrook..Gainesville lineman signed with Southeastern Oklahoma.(4 yr school) This is the same school that Jimmy Chaney the TE from NEO that NT signed moved to when he left NT.

Southeastern Oklahoma is in Durant, Okla. just over the Red River. It's about 25 minutes from Gainesville.

It's also a school that's going to have to change its mascot name because of problems with the NCAA because its mascot is the Savages and is not PC.

Not much....pretty good player at Sherman, may have made one of the all-state teams.

Sherman had alot of good looking kids this year, saw them in the bi-district game vs. Stephenville. The Sherman QB was quite athletic and was also a starting LB. He had just been moved to QB a couple of weeks prior to the end of district play.Don't know iif he was a SR. or not.

" Stashing players in JC also means they are fair game for everyone , not a binding committment on either the player or school.

.....and what do we know about Mr. Chamberlain?

DeAnthony was 5-4A Defensive Player of the Year, but I did not see him on the All State Team list I kept seeing his name on the google search as all state but for the life of me I can't find him listed on the all state team.

Sounds like he might be a possible future prospect...if he matures and gets stronger"

"Stashing players in JC also means they are fair game for everyone , not a binding committment on either the player or school"

True...but the JC Coach normally tries to keep another school from contacting the "stashed" player.

Edited by OldTimer

He is listed as Anthony Chamberlain, Sherman on the AP CLASS 4A ALL-STATE TEAM. He is the first name listed on the Honorable Mention Team as a Defensive Lineman. smile.gifsmile.gif

I got my pilot's license in Durant at SE Oklahoma State - and I always thought that the "Savages" nickname was pushing it too far. That being said, it is a crappy ass town - and the kid will go nuts there, lol. The Savages have one famous basketball player from their NAIA says - Dennis Rodman, that is about all I can say about that crazy ass school.

I talked to Devin's mom last week and she told me they were pretty upset with UNT.  It seems the day before signing day Dicky came in and told them UNT was not interested.  Coffeyville came in and gave him 2 year scholarship with no guarentee of going to UNT.  If he can get grades up and get though Coffeyville he will be looking for another school to attend his last 2 years

I'll bet that we thought Phillip Tanner was going to committ to us, and we backed out on Godboldt.

As was said to me by a player parent at the Fball Banquet: "Recruiting is tough and it just isn't fair to any party involved"

Edited by Zeke

I'll bet that we thought Phillip Tanner was going to committ to us, and we backed out on Godboldt. 

As was said to me by a player parent at the Fball Banquet: "Recruiting is tough and it just isn't fair to any party involved"

I told Devin's mom that we had our butts burned a couple of times giving them scholarships and then when they get done with 2 years they still don't have the grades. She told me she understood that but just wished they had told earlier in the recruiting process so they could have looked at some D-II school.

Moral of the story ( I told my 11 year old nephew this the other day, he wants to play baseball for UNT) STUDY HARD TO PLAY HARD AND IT WILL PAY OFF.