How many on the board played football and at

calvin

Did your boy sign on anywhere MoonDad?

Not yet. He did finally make it back home from California last Sunday. He is biding his time since he can't join a team until fall because of his late graduation from Jr. College anyway. He really liked NT, hopefully something will happen there for him. The back-up plan is still to take Louisville up on their walk-on offer. We think the Cardinals have a legit chance at a National Championship in the next couple of years and that's exciting. Playing for a winning program is important to him, his JUCO team only lost one game in two years in California (they never lost a game he was playing in).

According to his coaches other opportunities will probably open up for him after spring practice is over. After evaluating OLines typically recruiters sign-up the remaing JUCO OL to get solid depth. There aren't too many rivals two star, 6'-7", 340 lb., academically qualified, OL left out there. And - he has 4 years left to play 3 once the medical redshirt for last season is claimed.

Thanks for asking... biggrin.gif

3A Muleshoe

7th Grade - played 2 games on the B team which we lost

8th Grade - Coaching change and was able to play offense half of the time

Freshman year - We didnt have enough kids out to have a fish team so we that did play were all on the JV. I started on Offense the entire year and ended up starting on D for the last half of the year.

Sophomore year - Another coaching change and ended fighting for a spot on Varsity because the starter was suspended for drinking (1game). Started the game and the others like if so much they took it to the HC and I stayed up and starting. By the end of the year I was starting both ways.

Junior year - Started both ways and was able to be honorable mention o-line

Senior year - Started both ways, all district both, all state both, THSCA all star game, and was all set to go to WTA&M. Then Russell runs into the WTA&M head coach in the air port and they start talking he comes out to see me we talk next weekend I am on a plain and off I go to UNT.

COLLEGE

Freshman year - play in 6 games and tear my knee up bad in win vs Boise State. I get better by spring and am in the mix until Brad Woosley steps on and breaks my foot ( another surgery)

Sophmore year - enter Brandon Kennedy and Alex Puhula, after seeing these two I know that loosing a step from all the surgery is going to mean little to no playing time and a maybe not travel squad. So I was asked and gladly moved to the Offensive side for a chance to play and start. Get to play against Baylor a little and Andy Lott gets hurt, end up getting the start at Texas Tech and the rest of the season.

Junior year - Continue the streak of starts

Senior year - despite surgery before spring ball, I am ready and particiapate and get to help us to a sun belt title and win in NO BOWL.

POST COLLEGE

There were chances but I was tired of surgery and the hole football thing. I was ready to get on with my life, but owe a ton to the Univeristy, Coaches, and especially football program.

Funny thing is I went from a fat slow kid - - 8.4 forty in the seventh grade to decent player in HS 5.4 forty to NFL timed 5.2. I still have HS powerclean record @ 285lbs. Hard work can do wonders.

Turney