GMG Bowl - new info

hope24

Hey there folks! It's February 20th already which means only SIX more days to register to play for the 3rd Annual Go Mean Green Bowl. Bios and registration information is due February 26th, which is this coming Sunday. So far we have 24 people signed up and I believe we only have 3 females (myself, TwoDollarPistols, and GreenBrigadeDebbie) registered out of those 25. If any more ladies out there would like to play (Marcee, Brooke, Nico, Melissa, Erin, Double Eagle's wife?), we'd love to have you too.

A couple things to remember when registering, and I believe I posted about this in one of these threads:

I need your Tshirt size, what name you want on the back, and your bio UNLESS you want Medpilot to write it for you. So if Medpilot doesn't know you, you're bio won't be very informative! smile.gif Some people have been giving me numbers, which is fine - feel free to give me all the numbers you want, but know there won't be any numbers on the shirts this year. Since the shirts are being donated, the sponsor's logo will go in place of a number. If the name you want on the back of your shirt is longer than, say, 10 characters, please give me a shorter alternate in case it doesn't fit, otherwise I may have to get creative with your shirt name and you may not like the results. I don't know what the exact limitations are on name length yet.

Up until this point, this post has basically been a recap, so here's the NEW STUFF:

I'm working on a special project and I'd like everyone who is registered to play and everyone who will be registering at some point to please send me a picture of themself in digital form. Preferably a fairly clear picture, one where you're plainly visible and not in a crowd, in a blizzard, or in your speedo in Cabo. laugh.gifph34r.gif If anyone has any questions about this you can PM me. Please email these pictures to me at ntxchick at gmail dot com. I'd like to have these pictures by Sunday March 12, which is one week before payments are due.

Second order of business: payments! I'll be accepting payments by mail or in person. If you'll be in the Denton area and would like to meet me to personally hand me a check, that is fine - send me a PM or an email to the above posted email address. Otherwise you can mail checks to:

Ashley Williams

1200 Coit St.

Denton, TX 76201

Payment is $15 and includes shirt and playing fee. Make them out to me, and PLEASE PLEASE write your board name on the memo line or I very well might have no idea who on the board has paid me if I don't recognize your real name on your check.

Third order of business: shirts for non-players. If there is anyone out there who knows that they would like to buy a shirt but is NOT planning on playing, you may do so. Please reply to this thread with the size you would like and the color of the shirt - green or white - that you would like. It will be $10 per shirt but I won't be getting letters put on these shirts, only for players. You can mail checks to the above address.

Also, I still have Greenpie's tshirt from last year in my trunk. Please PM me to claim it.

Edited by hope24

• 2 weeks later...

Paypal?  You could add the service charge to the cost.

I think Steve tried to setup paypal last year and it was too much of a hassle, I think it costs money to get an account or something, I don't remember. If you really are against mailing a check you can meet me somewhere.

I think Steve tried to setup paypal last year and it was too much of a hassle, I think it costs money to get an account or something, I don't remember.  If you really are against mailing a check you can meet me somewhere.

Hope, I am putting my check in the mail today - is it possible to get a second shirt this late in the game? My girlfriend wants one as well - she is not playing but she wants one of the shirts. Lemme know today so I can know how much to make the check out for. Thanks!

-steve