Smith Memorial Scholarship fund raiser idea

FirefightnRick

I need help in trying to accomplish a couple of things. I want to help raise more money for the Andrew Smith Memorial scholarship fund. I also want to help get another NT Mean Green product out on the market for our fans, something that will be ONE OF A KIND. The product is another chrome trailer hitch cover in the new "Son Of Worm" design with the new fonts. Here is the CAD drawing, colored for visual of course:

user posted image

Here are a few other samples of chrome steel hitch covers:

Chrome plate hitch covers

I asked the manufacturer to make these large so that they will standout, similar to the large TCU and Texas covers you see around the metroplex. Ours will be 10.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall. These covers are extremely heavy duty to last, (at least until our next NCAA basketball tournament appearance)? They will be made of 1/4 inch steel, heavily welded, high polished chrome and I can also custom a few of them to have them powder coated(for about the same price) in Green or White for those who prefer it. And unlike the last batch I ordered, these will have an extra inch of tubing with two positional holes to fit the pin into so that they will fit any and all 2 x 2 inch recievers.

My problem is I'm not sure how much to charge for them. Due to the increase in steel their cost has gone up since my last order. And from the link above, you can see the process to have these made is expensive, some on that website are as high as $65 each. But for ours, far as I can tell, my cost will be around $35 a piece. I don't want the cost to be in the $50's, but I also want to raise as much money as I can for the Memorial fund. So my question is, how much over $35 would you be willing to pay? $10?, $12? or more? I'm ordering 25 pieces up front. If we could get $10 each, that's $250 towards the fund, half of what was raised last year.

I'll take pre orders here on GMG.com, and barring disaster I plan on having them at the scholarship flag football game as well for those who prefer to pay cash. I just need some input please. Fire away.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I'm getting a great response for these with pre-requests. Final price will be $45. I wanted to let everyone know there are 15 remaining. So we've raised $100 so far for the scholarship. I want give GMG.com members first dibs before I let others who don't normally read the site know about them. If you want to reserve one post here or send me a P.M.

Also, let me know now if your going to want yours powder coated Green or White, otherwise you'll get a chrome one.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

rick, there is no need to give me one free. i got the hole enlarged for $5.00 to acomonidate my hitch. i will give you $50.00 for the new one, which looks great. put me down for 2 of them, and let me know when & where to seen the money. also, i would love to get my handes on a few silver "NT's" that you can stick on your car/truck. thanks for thinking of me. ward

Thanks Ward, we appreciate it.

I took the hitches to the chromers today. They should be ready around the week of March 17th.

Those I have covers reserved for so far are:

1. good-ken

2. John Denver

3.bigrobdsp

4. ntsumck

5. sound-man(2)

6. medpilot21

7. SilverEagle

8. WardWhite(2)

9. NTEdgex2

10. FFR

Yes Sound Man, I have a few that are bare so that you can paint them as you wish. ntsumgspe, I will have 2 bare ones still available with me this coming saturday but the chromed ones are not available yet. SilverEagle wants his powdercoated Metalic Green, so that leaves us with only two left that are still bare to be painted. I'll be at practice in the morning, just find me and I'll have these to show.

If anyone else needs one let me know here, or feel free to give me a call at 817-999-9335.

Rick

Thanks Ward, we appreciate it. 

I took the hitches to the chromers today.  They should be ready around the week of March 17th.

Those I have covers reserved for so far are:

1. good-ken

2. John Denver

3.bigrobdsp

4. ntsumck

5. sound-man(2)

6. medpilot21

7. SilverEagle

8. WardWhite(2)

9. NTEdgex2

10. FFR

Yes Sound Man, I have a few that are bare so that you can paint them as you wish.  ntsumgspe, I will have 2 bare ones still available with me this coming saturday but the chromed ones are not available yet.  SilverEagle wants his powdercoated Metalic Green, so that leaves us with only two left that are still bare to be painted.  I'll be at practice in the morning, just find me and I'll have these to show.

If anyone else needs one let me know here, or feel free to give me a call at 817-999-9335.

Rick

Can you bring a sample (Chrome and Green if possible) to the GMG III Bowl Game?

Can you bring a sample (Chrome and Green if possible) to the GMG III Bowl Game?

adman,

I hope to have the chrome and powder-coated versions completed and available prior to the flag football game. Best case scenario would be that we have them all sold by then for the scholarship? As for now, I only have the bare ones with me that are to be powder-coated next week. If your at the scrimmage/video show tomorrow I'll have the bare-steel versions there for you to see. Some folks are thinking of buying the bare ones to custom paint them as they want, which would be pretty cool as well. Powdercoating on the otherhand would last longer and be more durable in the long run.

Rick

Updated list.

1. good-ken(green)

2. John Denver

3.bigrobdsp

4. ntsumck

5. sound-man(2, green)

6. medpilot21

7. SilverEagle(green)

8. WardWhite(2)

9. NTEdgex2

10. FFR

11. Coach

12. Cerebus

13. Harry

14. ADLER

15. J. Grandey

16. C. Lumpkes(green)

All powder-coated green covers are now spoken for. I now have 7 chrome ones left. I'll send everyone a P.M. about payment later.

Rick

Latest update.

Today I delivered the covers that are to be powder-coated to the comany doing that. They did not have a correct Kelly in metalic, and to order a new color for just us would have run the cost up to over $20 each, so I picked out a solid Kelly Green that was a spot on match to the 80's Kelly football jersey that I have. They should be done by this week and I'll post a photo of them when I get them back.

Rick

Updated list.

1. good-ken(green)

2. John Denver

3.bigrobdsp

4. ntsumck

5. sound-man(2, green)

6. medpilot21

7. SilverEagle(green)

8. WardWhite(2)

9. NTEdgex2

10. FFR

11. Coach

12. Cerebus

13. Harry

14. ADLER

15. J. Grandey

16. C. Lumpkes(green)

17. D. Allen

18. A.S.

All Green painted covers are spoken for. I have five chrome covers left.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Updated list.

1. good-ken(green)

2. John Denver

3.bigrobdsp

4. ntsumck

5. sound-man(2, green)

6. medpilot21

7. SilverEagle(green)

8. WardWhite(2)

9. NTEdgex2

10. FFR

11. Coach

12. Cerebus

13. Harry

14. ADLER

15. J. Grandey

16. C. Lumpkes(green)

17. D. Allen(Paid)

18. A.S.

19. MoGreen

All Green painted covers are spoken for. I have 4 chrome covers left. With presales we now have raised $274 for the scholarship fund.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick