CFN says Toss up & Sure Loss

MeanGreen61

I look forward to the day that the SMU's, the Tulsa's, the La Tech's and others similar do not continue to be our bell cow for Mean Green football, but rather our new bell cow at UNT be winning most games on our schedule annually that will actually garner the attention of the pollsters to the extent that it has the Boise State's, Bowling Green's, Fresno State's and others similar of which a Top 25 ranking is not a total stranger as it is annnually in Denton.

We don't advance by being at the top of the Sun Belt but rather those SBC heights still keeps us at the bottom of NCAA D1-A. I still stand on my signature statement below and nothing short of this football program becoming (at the minimum) an NCAA D1-A Top 50 football program on a year-in-and-year-out basis will change my feelings. That is something I don't think we will get at this moment in our athletic history, though AND don't we have about 8 years of trends set under DD's leadership to substantiate that?

Of all the schools presently stuck annually in the bottom quadrant of the 117 member NCAA D1-A, I still believe NORTH TEXAS with the right ones at the top making decisions that will take us to a higher profile inter-collegiate football existence and with all the right new faces in our coaches positions; anyway, I feel our alma mater can pull this off over any of the other schools presently ranked in the bottom quadrant of all 117 D1-A schools.

FWIW and IMHO...........our being annually ranked (at each season's end) #90 thru #117 will not hold the interest of the kinds of fans we need to break this 15K per home game average we seem to be eternally land-locked into (and that even during a 4 bowl game run and.................what should have been a breakout season at the turnstiles last year with all of last summer's national pre-season publicity in our 5'th year following those 4 bowl years). But wasn't it more of the same last summer when it came to touting this football program to all the borderliners and casuals we need to help fill the other 15K empty seats at Fouts Field as to get that strategic group interested in purchasing those 2005 Mean Green football season tickets?sad.gif

Can't we all remember from our HS football playing days the workout we used to call, uh, running-in-place? Well, that seems to be where NT football is right now (and has been for awhile now) and that even during the best of times. We have to look at ourselves in context to the balance of NCAA D1-A outside the Sun Belt if we want to cease all this "running in place" mode we are mired in.

JUST WHAT IS IT THAT THEY REALLY WANT UP THERE? We can do better at UNT, but if 8 or 9 years of the results we've all seen by the present coaching staff is not enough time to show all that we can do better at a higher profile in Denton, then just what are the objectives of Mean Green football as defined by our present NT leadership starting all the way at the very top............

.............many would be interested to know the answer to that question before decisions are made to make any further such investments into all this and those investments as they are now that are only (and merely) enabling our present leaders to keep doing things business as usual--with no questions asked seemedly from way too damn many even on the board. Have any of you ever seen a herd of sheep being led to the slaugher house? They just follow one right after the other till all the carnage begins.

BUT BUSINESS AS USUAL I SAY THERE OL' CHAP (sorry, my English heritage slips out from time to time): With many of your's personal feelings on Ramon Flanagan the last few years, anyone else seem to notice that we still don't have a new offensive coordinator at UNT? You think that group up there really give a rat's ass what anyone from the NT community really thinks on such matters even with RF's most publicized public relations blunder inside the stands of Fouts Field just last season and the Mean Green's DFW area recruiting disaster (or embarrassment) that has to also be under his watch, too, right?

Yet through it all, surely our present NT leaders each and every one know by now that a growing army from within the Mean Green Nation are no longer going to be content with doing things the way we've been doing them that has yet to regularly vault Mean Green football to be ranked even inside the NCAA D1-A top 75 football schools. sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I remember just a few years back a lot of us were begging for a schedule that featured teams like SMU, Tulsa, and La. Tech in the non-conference slate. I am looking forward to the trip to Tulsa. It can't be any worse of a game than last year...can it? blink.gif

Did we ever find out if La. Tech is still in fact coming to Denton next fall?

I look forward to the day that the SMU's, the Tulsa's, the La Tech's and others similar do not continue to be our bell cow for Mean Green football,  but rather our new bell cow at UNT be winning most games on our schedule annually that will actually garner the attention of the pollsters to the extent that it has the Boise State's, Bowling Green's, Fresno State's and others similar of which a Top 25 ranking is not a total stranger as it is annnually in Denton.

We don't advance by being at the top of the Sun Belt but rather those SBC heights still keeps us at the bottom of NCAA D1-A.  I still stand on my signature statement below and nothing short of this football program becoming (at the minimum) an NCAA D1-A Top 50 football program on a year-in-and-year-out basis will change my feelings.  That is something I don't think we will get at this moment in our athletic history, though AND don't we have about 8 years of trends set under DD's leadership to substantiate that?

Of all the schools presently stuck annually in the bottom quadrant of the 117 member NCAA D1-A, I still believe NORTH TEXAS with the right ones at the top making decisions that will take us to a higher profile inter-collegiate football existence and with all the right new faces in our coaches positions; anyway, I feel our alma mater can pull this off over any of the other schools presently ranked in the bottom quadrant of all 117 D1-A schools.

FWIW and IMHO...........our being annually ranked (at each season's end) #90 thru #117 will not hold the interest of the kinds of fans we need to break this 15K per home game average we seem to be eternally land-locked into (and that even during a 4 bowl game run and.................what should have been a breakout season at the turnstiles last year with all of last summer's national pre-season publicity in our  5'th year following those 4 bowl years).  But wasn't it more of the same last summer when it came to touting this football program to all the borderliners and casuals we need to help fill the other 15K empty seats at Fouts Field as to get that strategic group interested in purchasing those 2005 Mean Green football season tickets?sad.gif

Can't we all remember from our HS football playing days the workout we used to call, uh, running-in-place?  Well, that seems to be where NT football is right now (and has been for awhile now) and that even during the best of times.  We have to look at ourselves in context to the balance of NCAA D1-A outside the Sun Belt if we want to cease all this "running in place" mode we are mired in.

JUST WHAT IS IT THAT THEY REALLY WANT UP THERE?  We can do better at UNT, but if 8 or 9 years of the results we've all seen by the present coaching staff is not enough time to show all that we can do better at a higher profile in Denton, then just what are the objectives of Mean Green football as defined by our present NT leadership starting all the way at the very top............

.............many would be interested to know the answer to that question before decisions are made to make any further such investments into all this and those investments as they are now that are only (and merely) enabling our present leaders to keep doing things business as usual--with no questions asked seemedly from way too damn many even on the board.  Have any of you ever seen a herd of sheep being led to the slaugher house?  They just follow one right after the other till all the carnage begins. 

BUT BUSINESS AS USUAL I SAY THERE OL' CHAP (sorry, my English heritage slips out from time to time):  With many of your's personal feelings on Ramon Flanagan the last few years, anyone else seem to notice that we still don't have a new offensive coordinator at UNT?  You think that group up there really give a rat's ass what anyone from the NT community really thinks on such matters even with RF's most publicized public relations blunder inside the stands of Fouts Field just last season and the Mean Green's DFW area recruiting disaster (or embarrassment) that has to also be under his watch, too, right? 

Yet through it all, surely our present NT leaders each and every one know by now that a growing army from within the Mean Green Nation are no longer going to be content with doing things the way we've been doing them that has yet to regularly vault Mean Green football to be ranked even inside the NCAA D1-A top 75 football schools. sad.gif

YEA! Plummer, you've hit it right on! Board of Regents should be so savy!