Just ordered some new checks - and guess what?!

stebo

I just went down to Wells Fargo (in a Dallas supermarket location, not even in Denton) to order some new checks and low and behold there was a collegiate section. As I sat there and salivated over the aTm and Nebraska checks - hoping and wishing that someday NT would have something like this available without having to have them special ordered - I flipped the page... and there they were! Now they are not as fancy as the Big 12 schools' checks - but they are up to date.

They have the NEW font, the new eagle, and the new color. I am not sure how the finished product will look because it was a generic type of check at the top of the page (actually 4 of them, in 4 different colors - one of them being GREEN) - that you choose to put your school logo on. It might not sound like that big of a deal but seriously, there were only about 50 schools available - total (and that is including the really fancy ones for the BCS schools)... for us to have our own collegiate licensed checks is pretty cool. They weren't cheap - $27.99 for the order but they are duplicates and that includes shipping/printing fees. I rarely even use my check book other then to pay the electric and telephone bills but I think I will be whipping these bad boys out more often then the Visa Check card once I get them in the mail.

It is absolutely kick ass that we have this available from Wells Fargo now (and I just couldn't believe that they had the new color, the new font, and the new Eagle logo all perfectly done)... I was indifferent about the whole branding thing; but if the result of the branding is getting into marketplaces like collegiate checking - then I can see the vale in the change. Kudos to whomever pitched the logo to Wells Fargo from the branding department - I think this will be my first compliment to go their way - but it is well deserved.

If you bank at Wells Fargo - run down and get you some Norrth Texas Checks the next time you need them (or just change for the hell of it)! The more of these boxes that we buy - the better chance we have of getting onto that "fancy" page by the time the next check catalogue rolls out! Now that would be seriously impressive!

that is soooooooooooooooo freakin awesome, thanks for the heads-up Steve, i am defeintely going to have to get some when i re-order for more checks for my business....it sucks cause i actually got the new order of checks in the mail just last week....

Everyone should try to take advantage of this cool offer if they bank at wells-fargo.....