104 recruiting class

H-towngreen

We finished 4th in the belt and 104 in the nation.

It's tough to grade out O and D linemen. Anyone can watch RBs and QBs and say if they are good or not. You don't ever watch a game and say "WOW! that left guard dominated the game." Just my reasoning for such a low ranking.

One thing I like about this class is the size. Unlike years past we didn't sign any 240 lb O-linemen. Or any 6'0 245 D-tackles. They are all up in the 275+ range

Edited by H-towngreen

We finished 4th in the belt and 104 in the nation.

It's tough to grade out O and D linemen. Anyone can watch RBs and QBs and say if they are good or not. You don't ever watch a game and say "WOW! that left guard dominated the game." Just my reasoning for such a low ranking.

One thing I like about this class is the size. Unlike years past we didn't sign any 240 lb O-linemen. Or any 6'0 245 D-tackles. They are all up in the 275+ range

First, foremost and concerning the real things in life that count the most: I am sorry to have heard about our coach's health situation and (like each of you) have offered up prayers that Coach Dickey will have a full recovery. We can lose many things in our lifetimes and have many setbacks (as most of us have) but when anyone loses his (or her's) health, one has just about lost everything. Here's to a speedy recovery for our head football coach.

AS FAR AS RECRUITING GOES..........Some who have called each other throughout this national recruiting day, emailed or did some Private Messaging through GMG.com have the same genuine concerns that one of our posters who has "only" been an NT fan since the 1940's (Gray Eagle One) has stated such in another thread/post; but that is his (and our) present concerns that we seem to have hardly been up against any schools of note for recruits that will be the kind of kids who will take us to that proverbial next level.

And I guess by now most have all read the official recruiting list from the NT Athletic Department that in year's past showed many of the (significant) schools we were up against to sign those recruits, but the 2006 list seemed to not mention any of the schools we would have all liked to have seen as those we out-recruited for this 2006 recruiting class.

I (once again) use the phrase "going to the next level" for NT football and have noticed in past weeks a few of our best fans with how that concept seemed to have gotten under some of their skins (as I read their posts stating such) but when an NCAA D1-A school from the Sun Belt Conference that is already toward the bottom of this league in performance and recruiting, I think many might agree that going to the "next level" may now be the only direction we can go at NORTH TEXAS.

If our recruiting did finish 4'th in the SBC (as Rivals has projected), then we will just all have to observe how that translates on the football field and beginning this Fall.

We have to also remember that most of the 119 NCAA D1-A schools are going to do their best to redshirt as many of their true freshman as possible, so I don't think we can depend on any of this group for the upcoming football season.

IT'S STILL ALL ABOUT EDUCATION: All those we did recruit will get a good education at UNT-Denton and that will be something that will last them long after their football playing days are over.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen