New Recruits

buff64

HONORABLE MENTION

OFFENSE

Linemen: Robert Ramirez, Galena Park North Shore; Corey Smithers, Copperas Cove; Rey Quintanilla, San Benito; Dimitri Lott, Marshall; Adrian Archie, Huntsville; Michael Sanchez, Sharyland; Kegan Carey, Abilene; Juan Martinez, Copperas Cove; Buddy Brumit, Garland; Bryan Ferris, Katy; Drew Chasney, Mesquite; Raymon Chinyoung, Spring Westfield; Jacob Posey, Hays; Kevin Winters, Jay; Roger Cantu, McAllen Memorial; Marcus Cannon, Odessa; Sean Trotter, Odessa Permian; Charlton Messer, Dallas Jesuit; Esteban Santiago, EP Coronado.

Honorable mention on Offensive line, not D Line, where he is slated to play for NT.

Still not a bad signee.

I looked at that list twice and just flat blew it. Thanks for the correction. My apologies.

Litterally 99.9 percent of the recruits that sign with a div-I school will be listed as a 2* recruit on rivals.  They don't list any kids as 1 star players.  Kind of a way not to hurt people's feelings I anticipate.  Make no mistake, these kids that we're signing are most of the time considered barely Div-I material.  That's not to say that these kids don't pan out as good players...but just coming out of high school...they're not highly regarded. 

Notice I didn't say all players that North Texas signs aren't highly regarded...just most.

Tibbs was rated a 2* before he signed with Iowa State. Last year we recruited a JC QB that was listed I believe as a 2* on our rivals site. He signed with Nebraska and was listed I believe as a 3*. So at the same time the NT site had him as a 2* and the Nebraska site had him listed as a 3*

Their bias shows. This year Tebbs was HM All Conference, we signed Trent Stanley OL also who was 1st team all conference and 2nd team JC all american...they have Tebbs as a 3 * and Stanley as a 2 *

To an extent I believe you're right about the bias. Could they really evaluate every Left Guard from BFE, Texas? No. So in some cases they absolutely rely on who's recruiting them to judge how many stars they should get. I don't know how else they could do it though. If they can't look at every kid they'll have to see what the top programs think of him...and if nobody from CUSA is offering Joe Football Player a ship...he's probably not going to get three stars.

To conclude...the recruiting websites are for the top programs...not those in the Belt. Rivals is there to compare how the Texas' and LSU's and USC's are doing trying to recruit the most highly regarded prospects in the country...not how we're doing fighting with Sam Houston for that 5-11 Free Saftey from Llano who runs a 4.8.

Edited by TicketJohn