Tina's team loses by 28 to Ark. State

SUMG

I'll go farther than that. I say scrap the entire athlethic department! Fire them all and let's just be a fine little music school, then all you pissers and moaners can go and find something else to bitch about.

Geez! 

It's not a matter of "firing them all". I'd like for NT to have coaches that are better than .500 ball after 17 seasons, or a winning percentage in football after 8 seasons, four conference championships, and four bowl appearances. This University is being run like a high school, where just knowing the right people and doing an almost adequate job can set you up for retirement and and the fringes that a state employee can receive. What's going on at NT, right now, and what the future holds in our athletic programs is not encouraging. Ever go to the MeanGreen.com website and see the results of some of our teams? Track, golf? All they do is compare how the NT team did in a meet against themselves. If you did deep enough, you'll find that we came in 18th out of 20 teams, far behind power houses like Texas State, UT San Antonio, UT Arlingtom, or Blinn JC, etc. I want better than that for NT.

Edited by DeepGreen

Losing by 28 to ASU is unacceptable. This team has alot of talent and is a definite NIT type of squad(okay based off of what I can hear on the broadcasts since I can't see them in person). We'll never get a postseason invite with a loss like that.

If we can't win 20 games with this caliber of squad we should start looking long and hard at Coach Slinker.

I'll go farther than that.  I say scrap the entire athlethic department!  Fire them all and let's just be a fine little music school, then all you pissers and moaners can go and find something else to bitch about. 

Geez!    wink.gif

It'd be fine with me if we did scrap the entire athletic department.....and started over.

If you think most of the employees/coaches in our Athletic Deparment are Division 1 "talent" .....you're foolin' yourself.

DRC

UNT head coach Tina Slinker suspended fourth-leading scorer Mia Ajekwu and backup guard Amanda Quattrocchi before the Mean Green’s game against the Lady Indians for a violation of team rules. The Mean Green then lost starting shooting guard Erika Bobo to a concussion late in the first half.

Slinker is in her 18th year as head coach. She has had two NIT teams during that time, both of which were blown out by mediore teams. Since RV gave her that great vote of confidence with a committment to renew her contract, I think the team is 1-4. The team record benefitted from a very easy oc schedule, but will have to improve to be a .500 club in the Belt.

IMO if a coach hasn't had any significant success after 18 years then it is foolhardy to think that coach is going to turn it around and suddenly produce a top tier program. IMO, if slinker does not at least have better than a .500 Belt record then a change needs to be made; and under no circumstances should she be given a long term contract.