Heard this morning at 6:30 on KLUV

greenjoe

I was driving to a meeting Wednesday at 6:30AM listening to the oldie station. They had a contest with the question, "Where did Joe Greene play college football ?"

The lady didn't know. The DJ said he played at an area college.

She still didn't know.

The DJ said he played at a North Texas university.

The lady guessed, "Did he play at UNT...when they HAD a football team ?"

Someone at the marketing department needs to get busy.

GO MEAN GREEN

I was driving to a meeting Wednesday at 6:30AM listening to the oldie station.  They had a contest with the question, "Where did Joe Greene play college football ?" 

The lady didn't know.  The DJ said he played at an area college.

She still didn't know.

The DJ said he played at a North Texas university.

The lady guessed, "Did he play at UNT...when they HAD a football team ?"

Someone at the marketing department needs to get busy.

GO MEAN GREEN

it's not too surprising that a female DJ on KLUV wouldn't know the answer.....

If I'm reading the original post correctly, the DJ wasn't necessarily a woman, although I do take offense at your insinuation that women don't know football. It was a female caller who didn't know the answer. The DJ had the answer right in front of him/her.

However, this just further proves that we're not getting our name out there in the metroplex. I think the best thing for althletics in general would be a few feature spots on the news right around August. That and some billboard advertising. It's really annoying to see all those stupid purple billboards all over Ft. Worth, but not a single thing in Green. At the very least, we should put up a billboard on I-35 over near the campus.

what? isnt that the demographic NT athletics is going after? laugh.gif

Im not suprised that a KLUV woman listener or DJ wouldnt know much about sports, or what programs NT has. Its not sexism, its common sense. Women dont follow sports like men do. There are exceptions, but the majority care very little.

Its disturbing when someone who lives in the market doesnt know that the team exists, but she probably represents a very small minority.

There are people in the Houston area that dont even know NT exists as a school much less a football program. Thats a bigger concern to me.

Edited by Eagle1855

If I'm reading the original post correctly, the DJ wasn't necessarily a woman, although I do take offense at your insinuation that women don't know football. It was a female caller who didn't know the answer. The DJ had the answer right in front of him/her.

However, this just further proves that we're not getting our name out there in the metroplex. I think the best thing for althletics in general would be a few feature spots on the news right around August. That and some billboard advertising. It's really annoying to see all those stupid purple billboards all over Ft. Worth, but not a single thing in Green. At the very least, we should put up a billboard on I-35 over near the campus.

It would be great to have a few spots on the news around the season - but the media needs a reason to cover us, not the other way around. Maybe we'll get more lovable loser stories like that bottom 19 today - that should help. Our hope is goofy Rick Renner rides his unicycle up to Denton and square dances with our team or rides his Fox Sports big wheel around campus.

Our stadium fund has so much momentum that we cannot afford to stop and pay for bill board advertising tongue.gif

Maybe KLUV is seeing the possibilities for a long term partnership and want to become our flagship station since they lost the cowboys - biggrin.gif