College Football News - 1-18-2006

BobFam

I wouldnt read too much into these polls, last year they had

101. UCF

102. SMU

109. La Tech

all of whom finished substantially better than the bottom 119

good quote:

Last season might have been ugly, but the coaching staff, and the winning tradition, is in place to expect a quick bounceback year

Otherwise good observations. Need some DT's! And if our worst loss on Defense is Jamel Branch, Id say we have a good amount of guys returning. We need that killer D again. Anybody miss Deloach?

If CFN was the real national media we might have something to worry about. Don't get me wrong I think its a cool site, but they deliberately look at things in a slightly different way to they have a unique angle on reporting on the top end of college football.

CFN also says this is not how they expect teams to finish next season either. Their criteria first looks at shot at the national title, then BCS games, and breaks down from there. Of course the SBC is going to be at the bottom when it scores zeros in two of the five ranking categories.

There aren't alot of positives to take away from last season, but at least CFN is recognizing Jamario as the best player amongst the bottom teir of college football.