UNT Athletics Credit Card?

ksigjayt

Guest GrayEagleOne

MBNA has (or at least they did have) a University of North Texas credit card. I believe that the university gets 1% of the payments. Check with the Office of Development at UNT.

Checks will never go away.

I have a student loan, a car payment, and a city water bill I have to use a check. Student loan and water bill don't allow "online banking" without a huge fee and the car payment takes too long to get to payee through online banking.

If you write a check to Wal Mart, they use some process where they get the money immediately and even give you your check back that you wrote. Sucks.

That's another reason to use a debit or credit card. Debit they get it immediately and you feel the sting instantly. Credit, they still get it immediately, and you get a grace period.

If you use a credit card, pay it off every month. If not use the debit card. The interest will kill you.

Checks will never go away.

I have a student loan, a car payment, and a city water bill I have to use a check. Student loan and water bill don't allow "online banking" without a huge fee and the car payment takes too long to get to payee through online banking.

If you write a check to Wal Mart, they use some process where they get the money immediately and even give you your check back that you wrote. Sucks.

Places like WalMart clear the checks through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) because it helps them reduce their check float (1-2 days compared to 3-5 days).

I don't know who you bank through, but where I work, our online bill payer cuts the check for you if there isn't an electronic funds transfer available. Now if you choose for the bill to be paid on the day it's due, then you risk it being late if a check has to be cut. It's always a good idea to schedule an online payment at least 5 days before it's due to make sure it gets there on time.

There's plenty more I could go on about, but I'll save the customer service/bank teller rant for another day.

Edited by UNTFan23