WHAT A GREAT GAME

UNT_playmaker

wow best way to convince anyone why college is bettter than the NFL anyday. which it is smile.gif

both teams played so well and with so much intent to prove they are #1 all the way to the end.

Im glad UT won, but USC really came out to prove themselves. im really glad that the BCS actually worked this year for once.

i predicted texas by 4, if the texas kicker, pino only made that extra point smile.gif

UT vs. NT is Texas' next game----WOW

congrats horns

GO MG

wow best way to convince anyone why college is bettter than the NFL anyday. which it is smile.gif

both teams played so well and with so much intent to prove they are #1 all the way to the end.

Im glad UT won, but USC really came out to prove themselves. im really glad that the BCS actually worked this year for once.

i predicted texas by 4, if the texas kicker, pino only made that extra point smile.gif

UT vs. NT is Texas' next game----WOW

congrats horns

GO MG

Wipe your mouth off. You got a little something there on the corner.

Good God, we know.  You love tu.  Get over it.  Its really getting annoying. dry.gif

Wipe your mouth off.  You got a little something there on the corner.

you guys have ridiculed yourselfs with your posts about UT, everyone knew texas was headed towards this path

Man UNT isnt in a bowl game, and our fans get so jealous of a team that is waaaay ahead of ours. Like someone else said if SMU, A&M, or TT won the national champiosnhip i would be mad cause we have the capabilities to beat them once and a while, but TEXAS is a powerhouse

This is unbelievable.  Posters about to wet their pants in excitement over UT winning, and others acting like little kids on the playground with their hatred and namecalling.

Replace UT winning with disliking Dickey or any other topic. That's how the board is about everything. Gotta just roll with it....

All we need is PMG's thoughts on the manner and its like a normal day.

I am so happy for the State of Texas!

I suggest we change our name to the University of Texas-North! This way we can say we are the part of the UT system. And get on the bandwagon! Does anyone know where I can get some orange? Oh yea, right here on this board from alums who wish they went there!

I'm gushing with pride that our Taxes and Permanent Fund went to 2 universities that laid a foundation for this National Championship! Congrats to all of Texas!!!!

You earned it!

You know, from the way some are acting you would think that our bitter rivals just won the National Championship... We are NOT rivals with Texas. Why act like it? Ok, so they think we are a crappy school. We think SMU, Muts, NMSU, La-La and about 25 others are crappy. You think that them winning will be bad for our recruiting? Thats just laughable...

I am not a UT puppet or anything. UNT is my team. But I am happy that a Texas team won. Just like I was glad when the Spurs won the NBA. Just like I would be happy if the Texans won the Super Bowl, but that'll probably never happen...

So basically, get over it. Being a titty baby about it wont help anything but make you look like a moron. Let people be happy. Stop having a complex because UNT sucked this year and another school didnt.

Edited by Brandon

You know, from the way some are acting you would think that our bitter rivals just won the National Championship...  We are NOT rivals with Texas.  Why act like it?  Ok, so they think we are a crappy school.  We think SMU, Muts, NMSU, La-La and about 25 others are crappy.  You think that them winning will be bad for our recruiting?  Thats just laughable...

I am not a UT puppet or anything.  UNT is my team.  But I am happy that a Texas team won.  Just like I was glad when the Spurs won the NBA.  Just like I would be happy if the Texans won the Super Bowl, but that'll probably never happen...

So basically, get over it.  Being a titty baby about it wont help anything but make you look like a moron.  Let people be happy.  Stop having a complex because UNT sucked this year and another school didnt.

Won't hurt recruiting at all. You are 100% correct.

Will it hurt attendance? Will it hurt overall morale on campus if everyone follows UT? It may not to those 2 team fans that are on this board but it WILL affect others. Wonder where the 100K+ alumni we have are each Saturday? They are at home - watching your Longhorns.

Won't hurt recruiting at all.  You are 100% correct. 

Will it hurt attendance?  Will it hurt overall morale on campus if everyone follows UT?  It may not to those 2 team fans that are on this board but it WILL affect others.  Wonder where the 100K+ alumni we have are each Saturday?  They are at home - watching your Longhorns.

The sky is falling the sky is falling!

This is so dramatic and so off-base. To say that UT winning the national championship has any effect on NT's attendance is silly. Going 2-9 playing crappy teams is what affects attendance. Stop blaming the stupid longhorns for the problems in our own backyard.

I hadnt thought of it from the attendance stand point. I wonder how many games we have at the same time as them. That could hurt some, because I bet there are many more that would rather watch them on tv than come pay money to watch NT. If I remember right we play SMU at the same time UT plays Ohio State. That could spell disaster. As far as morale on campus, I dont think it will change too much, I mean, school pride isnt exactly at a high right now...

I also agree with Eagle1855, that also kinda screws us over. Would you rather watch 2-9 NT, or National Champs...

Edited by Brandon

I hadnt thought of it from the attendance stand point.  I wonder how many games we have at the same time as them.  That could hurt some, because I bet there are many more that would rather watch them on tv than come pay money to watch NT.  If I remember right we play SMU at the same time UT plays Ohio State.  That could spell disaster.  As far as morale on campus, I dont think it will change too much, I mean, school pride isnt exactly at a high right now...

I also agree with Eagle1855, that also kinda screws us over.  Would you rather watch 2-9 NT, or National Champs...

Eagle1855 can discount what I say all he wants but it is a fact. Search for the thread of people upset at playing on Texas/OU weekend and worrying about the attendance effects. No, the longhorns aren't the problem. North Texas students/alumni who follow UT as if it was their alma mater are the problem. I am sure that no one on here is like that. But we would be crazy to think that isn't the case elsewhere.

Edited by Zeke