54th ranked RB in NATION

H-towngreen

From ESPN.com

The recruiting process can be a tough one for many prospects, but not always for the same reasons. Some need to pare down the list of offers they have and try and decide where they will visit while thousands of college fans wait and see if they pick their favorite school. That's a pretty pressure-loaded decision for a 17-year-old kid to make.

Amadeus Waters has yet to receive an Division I offers.But what if you are a good prospect and know you have the talent to play at the Division I level and no one is knocking at your door? While it is hard to disappoint some fans and coaches and tell them you will not be attending their school, it is even harder knowing you have he ability to play the game but need to search for the opportunity to do it. This is the situation with Amadeus Waters, a talented running back prospect down in the heart of Texas.

Where's he going to school?

"Anywhere that can offer me a D-I scholarship," says Waters.

ESPN's 54th-rated running back prospect, the Buda-Hays High star is a converted fullback with very good speed to match his size, and that allowed him to be a featured back in 2005. He is a stocky back combining power, speed, and elusiveness.

His senior year was the first time that he got to carry the load, but he proved he was up to the task, racking up 1,800 total yards and scoring 33 touchdowns. These are impressive stats for a running back from a Texas 5A school that is still learning the nuances of the position. Despite the ability Waters shows and the numbers he put up, interest seems to be lukewarm at best right now.

He said that right now he has no offers and has been on no official visits. He is receiving interest from New Mexico and SMU, as well as nearby I-AA Texas State, but as of now he is just playing the waiting game, hoping for his opportunity to prove all the skeptics wrong.

Waters' coaches have reminded him not to get down and have also talked about the possibility of playing junior college to get more exposure. While these are pieces of advice he is listening to, he knows he can get it done as a Division I back. He also knows he can improve and feels he can use his size more to his advantage.

"I don't always use my size, especially inside the 10-yard line," he said. "Sometimes I will try and get to the outside instead of just squaring up my shoulders and getting up field."

Waters admits he is still learning what he is capable of as a featured back, he has also shown that he can improve. Waters went from a junior at Madison High, where he played fullback, running back and linebacker, to a senior at Hays, where he played only tailback. He attributes that change in position and responsibility to the improvements he made in speed in the offseason.

Waters trained hard between his junior and senior year to improve his speed by applying a hard work ethic and training with strength shoes. He said he used the shoes to go through cone drills and to help with his acceleration. The hard work paid off, as he improved his vertical from 25" to 34" and improved his 40-time from about a 4.6 to a low 4.5.

Most important, though, his new coaches saw the improvement from the film that they had watched of his junior year and felt he was the man to carry the load for them. Waters did not let his new coaches down, helping his team to a 10-2 record. In addition to the speed that he developed, he also realized the importance of being a complete, all-around back and has worked hard on being able to catch the ball and block.

Waters wants to be the total package and feels he can bring that to the table. Now all he needs is the chance. He admits that colleges call, but no one has stepped up to the plate with an offer. With national signing day approaching, Waters is trying to remain patient and optimistic. There have been many good and deserving players who have slid through the Division I cracks, but Waters is hoping he won't be among them.

"I think I can get to the next level and be a pretty good back. I have the size and I feel I can do it."

From ESPN.com

The recruiting process can be a tough one for many prospects, but not always for the same reasons. Some need to pare down the list of offers they have and try and decide where they will visit while thousands of college fans wait and see if they pick their favorite school. That's a pretty pressure-loaded decision for a 17-year-old kid to make.

Amadeus Waters has yet to receive an Division I offers.But what if you are a good prospect and know you have the talent to play at the Division I level and no one is knocking at your door? While it is hard to disappoint some fans and coaches and tell them you will not be attending their school, it is even harder knowing you have he ability to play the game but need to search for the opportunity to do it. This is the situation with Amadeus Waters, a talented running back prospect down in the heart of Texas.

Where's he going to school?

"Anywhere that can offer me a D-I scholarship," says Waters.

ESPN's 54th-rated running back prospect, the Buda-Hays High star is a converted fullback with very good speed to match his size, and that allowed him to be a featured back in 2005. He is a stocky back combining power, speed, and elusiveness.

His senior year was the first time that he got to carry the load, but he proved he was up to the task, racking up 1,800 total yards and scoring 33 touchdowns. These are impressive stats for a running back from a Texas 5A school that is still learning the nuances of the position. Despite the ability Waters shows and the numbers he put up, interest seems to be lukewarm at best right now.

He said that right now he has no offers and has been on no official visits. He is receiving interest from New Mexico and SMU, as well as nearby I-AA Texas State, but as of now he is just playing the waiting game, hoping for his opportunity to prove all the skeptics wrong.

Waters' coaches have reminded him not to get down and have also talked about the possibility of playing junior college to get more exposure. While these are pieces of advice he is listening to, he knows he can get it done as a Division I back. He also knows he can improve and feels he can use his size more to his advantage.

"I don't always use my size, especially inside the 10-yard line," he said. "Sometimes I will try and get to the outside instead of just squaring up my shoulders and getting up field."

Waters admits he is still learning what he is capable of as a featured back, he has also shown that he can improve. Waters went from a junior at Madison High, where he played fullback, running back and linebacker, to a senior at Hays, where he played only tailback. He attributes that change in position and responsibility to the improvements he made in speed in the offseason.

Waters trained hard between his junior and senior year to improve his speed by applying a hard work ethic and training with strength shoes. He said he used the shoes to go through cone drills and to help with his acceleration. The hard work paid off, as he improved his vertical from 25" to 34" and improved his 40-time from about a 4.6 to a low 4.5.

Most important, though, his new coaches saw the improvement from the film that they had watched of his junior year and felt he was the man to carry the load for them. Waters did not let his new coaches down, helping his team to a 10-2 record. In addition to the speed that he developed, he also realized the importance of being a complete, all-around back and has worked hard on being able to catch the ball and block.

Waters wants to be the total package and feels he can bring that to the table. Now all he needs is the chance. He admits that colleges call, but no one has stepped up to the plate with an offer. With national signing day approaching, Waters is trying to remain patient and optimistic. There have been many good and deserving players who have slid through the Division I cracks, but Waters is hoping he won't be among them.

"I think I can get to the next level and be a pretty good back. I have the size and I feel I can do it."

And his SAT score?

This is a perfect example of the type of kids that NT should swarm around to get him here. A good prospect, 2 star 5.3 rating by rivals, that for one reason or another isn't getting much attention. It seems that any decent D-1 schools that shows intrest he would be willing to commit. I'm not sure what were going after for rb's this year but you can never have to many horses in your stable. We just need the big uglys up front. BRING ON THE BEEF!

Hey, be nice to those without certain appendages. I saw a spot on ESPN about a HS DLineman who has no legs, but he's SO quick and gets in on a lot of hits.

And yeah, we might as well get the kid if we can. We have JT, we're probably getting his brother, and we have good RB's right now, but anything can happen, and a player with that size and speed can be placed just about anywhere he likes.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Well, Waters wasn't ranked 54th on the Rivals list that I sas but he did have a 5.3 rating which is very good. My problem with him is that he listed eight schools that he preferred and we weren't one of them. We have a running back prospect that is rated a little higher than that, one slightly larger and faster and one smaller but much faster. If we get two or three of those we are in great shape at running back.