Where does the Sun Belt hire these refs from....

SouthernMissFan

Your conference embarrassed itself bigtime tonight with the disgraceful job done by the Sun Belt refs in the Nebraska/Michigan game. It was just plain pitiful.

That's kind of like saying C-USA embarrassed itself by allowing you to be a fan. Some things are just out of our control.

What do you expect with the kind of dollars the SBC has to go around? Did Wright Waters force these refs into this game through some kind of agreement with the NCAA? If so I hold both WW and the NCAA responsible for not screening these refs for talent level. All this exposes is the fact that the TV money that the BCS conferences gets from their TV deals allows them to hire better referees. rolleyes.gif

The Bowl Alliance takes officials in proportion to the number of teams sent to bowls the year before.

Last year we sent one crew to either the Peach or Champs Sports and got good reviews.

I believe we also had a crew at Champs this year and got positive marks.

Apparently we have one good crew.

They never officiated an NT home game!!

Several SunBelt Conference refs also cross over to other conferences. One lives near my station. I met him on a call we made to his house due to an electrical storm. I was riffling through his office area and look up and see at least a 100 videos and many photos of games all across the south region. Then I saw one from the N.O. Bowl in '01 and asked him if he refed Belt games. He said he refed for C-USA and SunBelt games. Can't remember his name but I hope he wasn't a part of that crew for the Alamo game. Still not as bad as the '88 tU vs NT game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick