Need Christmas suggestion help

El Paso Eagle

I was looking at Sirius for my sister for Christmas. After consulting Best Buy, here's what I found out:

Sirius sponsors a wide variety of music stations, including country, rap, oldies, and alternative. Howard Stern is now on Sirius (not sure if that's a plus or minus for you)

XM sponsors a lot of sports and talk radio programs.

All the people I've talked to really like Sirius. But one more piece of advice: don't purchase the lifetime warranty. The warranties attach to the hardware, not the service. So, if your receiver breaks the day after you buy it, your lifetime warranty is gone.

My whole family (the male portions at least) is gettign Sirius from me this X-Mas... I got a heck of a deal on the portable receivers at Sears - $30 for the whole kit and no rebates to mess with. It was such a good deal I got one for my dad, brother, and brother-in-law... and my fiance' got one for me! Howard Stern was the deciding factor for us, but the NFL games along with the Sun Belt package were big factors as well.

I chose Sirius about a year ago and have really enjoyed the programming. Personally I think you should chose the one that offers more of what you like outside of music. XM and Sirius have a great music selection (as with the radio). I went with Sirius because I liked their talk radio selection better, they have NPR, I am ok with missing a baseball game but not my football game, and great business channels.

My advice if you go with Sirius is to stay away from the Sportster reciever. I have had some problems with it as well as a couple of my friends. The connections on the back of the reciever for the antenna and transmitter both have a tendency to be intermittent.

Peace

Happy Holidays