Ft Worth Bowl

Rudy

For those of you going to the Ft. Worth Bowl or watching the game on TV, pay attention to WR Mark Simmons (#83). He is a terrific athlete who has blossomed into a NFL prospect. He played in high school with Nick and for whatever reason UNT never showed any interest in him. However, Okl. St. and Kansas both offered him scholarships. Needless to say, we let some very good players leave the area without even trying to recruit them.

For those of you going to the Ft. Worth Bowl or watching the game on TV, pay attention to WR Mark Simmons (#83).  He is a terrific athlete who has blossomed into a NFL prospect.  He played in high school with Nick and for whatever reason UNT never showed any interest in him.  However, Okl. St. and Kansas both offered him scholarships.  Needless to say, we let some very good players leave the area without even trying to recruit them.

Bingo....enough said on that one.

GMG!!!

for whatever reason UNT never showed any interest in him.

So, a player's parent will be critical.

I do understand why they, the player's parents, aren't critical of the program while their son is playing, but it is nice to see this. This has been discussed many times on this board, but NT seems to overlook many players in their own backyard. The Metroplex is a breeding ground for good D1 players, yet we seem to rarely recruit it heavily.

I was decked out in Green. Lime Green shirt and Hunter green down vest.

I have to say the KU fans were great.

They showed up in mass and were very vocal.

And they had a really cool fight song, sounded like a soccer crowd.

Strangly UH had 3 big flags. A UH flag, a State flag and...a red and white Freebirds flag, the circle F...?????

I was decked out in Green. Lime Green shirt and Hunter green down vest.

I have to say the KU fans were great.

They showed up in mass and were very vocal.

And they had a really cool fight song, sounded like a soccer crowd.

Strangly UH had 3 big flags. A UH flag, a State flag and...a red and white Freebirds flag, the circle F...?????

What would you estimate the school's crowds were? On TV in the far stands it looked like KU = 5000, UH = 3000, general = 2000. I was surprised Houston got rocked so badly. Their pumped fans after leaving the SuperPit were probably a little tamer after the football game (ha!). laugh.gif

What would you estimate the school's crowds were?  On TV in the far stands it looked like KU = 5000, UH = 3000, general = 2000.  I was surprised Houston got rocked so badly.  Their pumped fans after leaving the SuperPit were probably a little tamer after the football game (ha!). laugh.gif

I believe the announced attendance was 33,305.