Two of Houston top 5 running backs considering NT

IslandEagle

Today's Houston Chronicle listed the top 5 area running back recruits. Two are listed as considering North Texas: 1. Remus Nembhard (who is also on the Chronicle top Texas 100 list) and who had 2,233 yards and 27 TD's his senior year as well as 1st team 4-A All-State and 2. Jerry Hughes (Fort Bend Austin) 6-2 215, who finished with 1412 yards on 214 carries for a 6.6 yard average.

I would love to see us get them both. UH and Hawaii are after Nembhard, while TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech and Tulsa are also after Hughes.

Today's Houston Chronicle listed the top 5 area running back recruits. Two are listed as considering North Texas: 1. Remus Nembhard (who is also on the Chronicle top Texas 100 list) and who had 2,233 yards and 27 TD's his senior year as well as 1st team 4-A All-State and 2. Jerry Hughes (Fort Bend Austin) 6-2 215, who finished with 1412 yards on 214 carries for a 6.6 yard average.

I would love to see us get them both. UH and Hawaii are after Nembhard, while TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech and Tulsa are also after Hughes.

Do any of you have a link to the Houston or Dallas area Top 100 lists? I had tried to google it for the Houston Top-100; but no luck.

Thanks,

Shof

I think this is the list I saw in the DMN Sunday. I saw 1 that had UNT listed as a possible. I don't see that on the list now.

Local kid Jake Behning needs to be recruited by UNT. I know his dad, All American OL at Nebraska. Jake is smaller and faster then his dad was. Jake shows SMU and Texas Tech on his list.

Is it too late for Darryl to go across town to talk with him?

Is it too late for Darryl to go across town to talk with him?

As long as the recruit has not signed a letter of intent, then it's not TO LATE.

Contact the Athletic Department and tell them about this kid.

As long as the recruit has not signed a letter of intent, then it's not TO LATE.

Contact the Athletic Department and tell them about this kid.

Since it is painfully obvious that we have limitied resources avilavable for recruiting, I'd personally think that DD's and others recruiting time could be more wisely spent getting in 3 star O-linemen (can we get one? please??) and 3 star DTs rather than the position that we traditionally don't have much of a problem recruiting, our RBs. I have to think the majority of us would agree that is a MUCH MUCH bigger need area for us.

Since it is painfully obvious that we have limitied resources avilavable for recruiting, I'd personally think that DD's and others recruiting time could be more wisely spent getting in 3 star O-linemen (can we get one? please??) and 3 star DTs rather than the position that we traditionally don't have much of a problem recruiting, our RBs.  I have to think the majority of us would agree that is a MUCH MUCH bigger need area for us.

and the RB recruits will stop coming if they keep getting beat up behind the line on every play!

There were actually 3 of the top 5 rbs in Houston showing NT. The 2 mentioned before and another rb from Westside. I can't find the name but there was a 3rd. The thing that worries me about Remus is he is only 5'6, I usually don't worry about size but thats pretty small.

Jerry Hughes is a BEAST!! We need him here. He goes to my old school and my brothers currrent. He is big and fast, and dominated games.

Guest GrayEagleOne

There were actually 3 of the top 5 rbs in Houston showing NT. The 2 mentioned before and another rb from Westside. I can't find the name but there was a 3rd. The thing that worries me about Remus is he is only 5'6, I usually don't worry about size but thats pretty small.

Jerry Hughes is a BEAST!! We need him here. He goes to my old school and my brothers currrent. He is big and fast, and dominated games.

I agree that Remus is too small to be an everydown back but he could be a fabulous kickoff returner, punt returner and/or third down back. Would love to see them both wind up here.