A-Fraud to skip World Baseball Classic

A-Rod to sit out World Baseball Classic

American League MVP Alex Rodriguez has decided to sit out the World Baseball Classic, according to a report in The New York Post.

Rodriguez told the newspaper Thursday he elected not to play in the March international event because he did not want to dishonor his native United States or the Dominican Repbublic, where his parents are from.

A-Rod was born in New York and raised in Miami. But because of his parents' Dominican ties, he was eligible to play for either country.

Earlier this week he said he was leaning towards playing for the Dominican Republic.

"After thoughtful deliberations with my family, I am announcing my decision to withdraw from the World Baseball Classic," A-Rod told The Post from Miami. "When faced with the decision to choose between my country, the United States of America, and my Dominican heritage, I decided I will not dishonor either."

Rodriguez, according to The Post, has been saying since July what a tough decision it would be. And it seems obvious that choice has not become too much easier.

"I am proud to be an American citizen and to have a Dominican legacy. My commitment to baseball is secondary to honoring my patriotic duties to my country and my ancestors," A-Rod said.

"Sports participation should only include the admiration and respect an athlete has for a nation and family. I intend to play baseball only when I am dedicated to both."

"I am proud to be an American citizen and to have a Dominican legacy. My commitment to baseball is secondary to honoring my patriotic duties to my country and my ancestors," A-Rod said.

What a cop out. He is a great player, but is such a FRAUD as a human being!!!

A-Fraud. That's clever.

He probably did what he thought was right because he knew people would blast him either way, and yet people are still blasting him for this decision.

Sounds about right. I don't see the big deal in skipping out on an exhibition baseball tournament for bragging rights. Its not like he's dodging the draft or anything.