Superdome ready for football by Nov 1 '06 ?

MeanGreen61

Repair costs are estimated at about $140 million

upgrading suites and meeting rooms, adding new scoreboards and entrances for suite holders, would cost an additional $42 million

saying Phase 2 would run about $135 million more

Someone is getting rich and the taxpayer are getting screwed.

The cost to fix and renovate plus renovate with phase 2 has a total coast of $317 million. That is crazy they should be able to knock it down and rebuild it twice for that. There needs to be an investigation before our money is just thrown all over the place.

The cost to fix and renovate plus renovate with phase 2 has a total coast of $317 million. That is crazy they should be able to knock it down and rebuild it twice for that. There needs to be an investigation before our money is just thrown all over the place.

You know, I was thinking the same thing.

You're right, their names are Ralph Nagan and Kathleen Blanco. You may know them as the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor or Louisiana.

I may be the only guy on this board who feels this way, but I am delighted that the Superdome will be repaired and updated. I would rather my tax dollars go to fixing up New Orleans than fixing up Baghdad. There will be some construction firms that make a bunch of money on this project, but that is no different from what happens day in and day out all over the world. I just hope the Superdome is in great shape when we go back there for the New Orleans Bowl next year.