Don't know if anyone else though this

GoMeanGreen1999

at least the ones I was on.  I thought the sanding they had done was not good.  380 was a little better than last night, and Sherman drive was drivable, but it appeared there was more ice out there than I thought.

When I was a freshmen the university sponsored a tour guide throughout Denton to show the new students where everything in the town was at. The guide made a joke (or so I thought at the time) about you can tell when you are getting close to Denton because all of the roads start getting crappy. I didn't realize just how serious he was.

I still can't figure out why the city wont expand loop 288, everytime i want to go to target I have to wait 30 minutes wink.gif

When I was a freshmen the university sponsored a tour guide throughout Denton to show the new students where everything in the town was at. The guide made a joke (or so I thought at the time) about you can tell when you are getting close to Denton because all of the roads start getting crappy. I didn't realize just how serious he was.

I still can't figure out why the city wont expand loop 288, everytime i want to go to target I have to wait 30 minutes  wink.gif

Blame 288 on the ignorance of the City and TX DOT not caring about anything north of the lake, Loop 288 is a state road.

Blame 288 on the ignorance of the City and TX DOT not caring about anything north of the lake, Loop 288 is a state road.

You can take the city out of the equation except for deciding to over develop this are prior to the expansion, which, as you stated, is the state's job. Same as University Dr./380.

I still can't figure out why the city wont expand loop 288, everytime i want to go to target I have to wait 30 minutes  wink.gif

Just drive the few extra minutes to the SuperTarget in Lewisville... it's nicer, bigger, and the best part: i work there tongue.gif

But seriously, I always avoided the Denton Target whenever I could... it's just too difficult to get to

Just drive the few extra minutes to the SuperTarget in Lewisville... it's nicer, bigger, and the best part:  i work there  tongue.gif

But seriously, I always avoided the Denton Target whenever I could... it's just too difficult to get to

They are about to build a SuperTarget in Denton across from the Super Walmart on 288.

Take it easy on Denton, fellow alums, because one day when you've been away from that city a few years, you (like many of us) might try to find some reasons to move back to the top of the Golden Triangle. Most of us don't get to because of something called, uh, jobs? wink.gif

Sometimes it just takes a decade or 2 for some NT Exes to realize that Denton, Texas, America, was just not so bad a place to live, especially with all its percs of (still) being a college town and with a UNT that has that bohemian culture, ie, liberal creative environment where many out there much more famous than any of us have also called their collegiate home in the past.

I recall reading in an article a few years ago how famous NT Ex/ musician Don Henley said when he and family are back at their Dallas home, how he would drive up to Denton on many occasions to visit some of his NT professors and to just absorb what he called that bohemian and creative musical karma of our alma mater.

You have to be away from it all for awhile to many times see what you had up there and how years from now when you look back to your days in Denton how you will see how they were (truly) some the best of times of your life.

So just move away from Denton for a few years and you'll see what ex Eagle Don Henley and others on this board who I know would all agree concerning Denton, Texas. cool.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

----The roads are pretty bad but you have to remember it is an very old town ...and has a lot of old roads... Most were not designed for the population there now. The newly build places (last 30 years or so, Frisco, Carrolton, Plano, Richardson) do have much better roads (or should).

---The roads and steets are better now than they were when I was a student there in the 60's. [ the Campus paper used to comment about how bad they were on shock absorbers and cars in general ] Denton could actually use a lot of long term planning instead of just meeting the immediate needs.