I am slightly comforted

emmitt01

Still both Tulsa and LTU quite handily beat us.

Tulsa U who gave us our worst home loss in history and a big loss against a La Tech team some thought even in our worst year we would still beat and why? Because many of us were falling for the veiled success that the SBC/Bottom 10 might tend to give many of our fans.

Some of us had actually believed we had been out-recruiting the school from Ruston all the time ( with our advantage of new and upcoming facilities and resources available to UNT because of our location in a major population center). Look what La Tech is presently doing on ESPN without blueprints on the table for new football related facilities? I fear La Tech will continue to outrecruit UNT based on what we saw with their talent vs our talent in Ruston weeks ago and FWIW, what some of us are seeing on ESPN now.

Guess it still boils down to if to one likes Dickey's style of football. Yet after 4 bowl games in a row some still wonder why no NCAA D1-A job interviews for DD, why can't we still sell impressive numbers of season tickets for a "4 years in a row" bowl team; and why here in 2005 have we not started even getting close to averaging 20-25K per home rather than our usual 15K most years? So the question is: How does UNT get out of this annual rut in the SBC/Bottom 10?

Even a college football novice would recognize that all the aforementioned are not characteristic of a school whose football program is exhibiting any semblance of improvement no matter how anyone tries to spin it on this board. Unfortunately, any year you are at the bottom of the 'Belt, then your pretty well at the bottom of NCAA D1-A. And FWIW, most any year you are the football champion of the SBC you are still toward the bottom of NCAA D1-A.

GBT!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

You and your boy RV cut the budget some more and things will get worse.  And y9ou want to pay some coach $500,000 you are a joke.

What the hell are you talking about? There has been no budget cut and there is no one presently on the UNT campus or Denton who will ever have a $500,000 annual salary. All that kind of a salary is for future reference when UNT eventually gets out of this present "set small goal/reach small goal" environment that the SBC/Bottom 10 gives us and when we get back on track of re-setting previous higher goals at UNT.

Some of us are just going to have to exhibit the high virtue of patience until all the bad water completely runs under the bridge.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

The football budget has been reduced the last two years.  Maybe your donations didn't make it to the football budget.

Anytime I see the budget number going down I call that a cut.

Link your source for all this football budget cut info you have created here. You think an NT football program with Bobby Ray as chairman of the BOR's will be cutting its budget? What are you smoking?

Again, give us all a link of your newly found info on the NT football budget cuts. I think others on this board would also like to see them, too.

On another front, watching La Tech/Fresno State tonight should give Mean Green fans even more concern about our situation and direction.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest GrayEagleOne

You and your boy RV cut the budget some more and things will get worse.  And you want to pay some coach $500,000 you are a joke.

Au contrere, mon ami....you are the joke. What is your source? The OPE report that goes to the Office of Education shows steady increases in total athletics. If fact, if you will look at the latest report it shows expenses of $12.9 million (and with revenues of over $14 million to boot). A few years ago it was in the $8 million range.

I agree that the total budget and income has gone up. I said football budget has gone down the last three years. Also the recuiting budget has gone down the same years.

Please also look at the salaries for the FTE's, that work for RV, has gone up and the coaches salaries have not change in the last two years. The avg. coach makes what about $49,000( I don't remember the figures) and the FTE makes about $55,000

Link your source for all this football budget cut info you have created here.  You think an NT football program with Bobby Ray as chairman of the BOR's will be cutting its budget?  What are you smoking?

Again, give us all a link of your newly found info on the NT football budget cuts.  I think others on this board would also like to see them, too.

On another front, watching La Tech/Fresno State tonight should give Mean Green fans even more concern about our situation and direction.

It not newly found I just take time to read before I write a book about how great something was.

Guest JohnDenver

I am still looking for the source in your post.

You are always touting these numbers and your knowledge. I always take it with a grain of salt (or less) because you don't provide any backing.

It not newly found I just take time to read before I write a book about how great something was.

What is your agenda with what you post, jjpfootball? Do you know? If so, please tell us all on GMG.com. I think many would be interested in knowing. I think there is no doubt where I stand (whether it be popular or unpopular) and I don't pussy-foot around with where I stand, either. Others of you the same.

The fact is, one of the better things about Bobby Ray (who I've been a tad critical of late over other matters); but one of (I'm sure) other upsides of the Chairman of the NT BOR's is he at least is making sure NT football is not on life support (as past NT leaders have done to this football program). Bobby Ray will not allow a football budget to decrease at UNT and thats plain and simple.

GBT!

ope.ed.gov/athletics

These are the numbers reported by all Universities and Colleges AD's or Presidents

Cool site, but us there a way to pull up other years then just the 04/05 fiscal year?

Edited by UNTFan23