Don't look now............

Zeke

Down 14 with 11:18 to go. We're playing pretty well, I think ASU is supposed to be middle of the pack in the PAC10 this season. I seriously almost went to this game because it's the closest the guys have come out my way in a few years and I never see'm play.

***Just read SUMG saying they were supposed to be bottom of the league. I find it hard to believe they'll be worse than SC this year though.

Edited by CMJ

Things I noticed in this game.

1. Kendrick Davis is a bad ass.

2. This team hurts when Simpson is out of the lineup. (Stay out of foul trouble please Jeffery).

3. Barnett is worse than Shaq at free throws. When ever he comes into the lineup I cringe the same way I did when Shawn Bradley would come in the lineup for the Mavs.

4. They played a very good Arizona St. team tough tonight except for about a 1:30 stretch where they built their lead up. This ASU team may have been picked at the bottom of the Pac-10, but mark my words they will be atleast an NIT team if not a NCAA team at the end of this season. They have a shooter in Bryson Krueger.

We will learn alot about this team when they play aTm and UofH. Those are 2 games I think are more winable than ASU, though aTm will be tough just because of the atmosphere. Its almost like a game at Kyle Field.

On the girls game, wow they have some players. I think the next 2-3 years the girls will make runs at the tourney. They showed alot of moxy by clawing their way back on the road against a ULM team with some impressive OOC wins.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

TX A&M did make it pretty deep in the NIT last year if I recall(quarters?). That will be a tough game. Well, I'd think it would be anyways. Were they a senior laden squad last year? If they were young A&M might be a NCAA bubble type of squad.

I'm not sure how Houston is supposed to be but I'd think it would be more winnable.

I was happy that I could get the game in the Houston area. I was afraid that the B-ball coverage may have been cancelled after a less than stellar football season. Headed south on I-45 around six, and picked up the Conroe station before eight. Strong station. Good job Green! Hung in the game pretty much the whole time. Just couldn't quite get over the hump. Could have a few pretty nice seasons ahead of us. biggrin.gif

We will learn alot about this team when they play aTm and UofH.  Those are 2 games I think are more winable than ASU,  though aTm will be tough just because of the atmosphere.  Its almost like a game at Kyle Field.

I think aTm could beat Arizona State at ASU without question. Maybe last nights game is more of an indicator of things than the aTm game will be. I hope i am wrong because i am going to college station for that game.

and come to think of it... i wouldn't write off Houstonso easily if they played the same team we did last night. I suppose it matters which houston team that comes out. The one that lost to Virginia Commonwealth or the one that beat LSU.

unlike the previous UNC-Wilmington game, i was so happy that we were puttin' up a strong game early. That is something to build on. We are going to have to ride on the success of Jeff Simpson,, Kendrick Davis and Isaac Hines. If we get anywhere, these guys are the ones to take us.

Go mean green.