If Patterson gets K-State

eeally

I heard on a sports talk show in Austin that Patterson was the Dark Horse for the K-State job. If that domino was to fall would it have implications down the line for DD?

Bennet to TCU DD to SMU? Maybe Flannigan to SMU?

Surely you jest? smile.gif But if not..........

If DD's 4 bowl games (that have some of our Regents in a state of DD hero worship) anyway, if those 4 BIG BOWL GAMES have not gotten Darrell Dickey even one listing as a serious candidate for other NCAA D1-A head football coaching vacancies the last 4 years, why after a (clearly visbile to most who will swallow a little pride to admit this); anyway, why after 8 years of under .500 production at UNT from DD and not one Top 60 OOC win, why would any of those you list, eally, be interested in DD now? At a normal school, he would be gone after his ASU loss. If he wins 4 games next year further widening an under .500 W/L differential , with the group we presently have making decisions at UNT, I'm not sure he would be gone even then. blink.gif

Also add that most "normal" NCAA D1-A football schools would sorta' like to hire someone that has the proven ability (or serious potential) to take their program to a Top 25 standing. After 4 bowl games with DD, UNT still can't even smell or see the Top 25 in the distance. And most schools out there by now know you just won't get such a coach's job if they were to hire Darrell "But I Went To 4 Bowl Games" Dickey. ph34r.gif

Jeez! Are we part of a new Twilight Zone episode at UNT with all this? sad.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Surely you jest? smile.gif  But if not..........

If DD's 4 bowl games (that have some of our Regents in a state of DD hero worship) anyway, if those 4 BIG BOWL GAMES have not gotten Darrell Dickey even one listing as a serious candidate for other NCAA D1-A head football coaching vacancies the last 4 years, why after a (clearly visbile to most who will swallow a little pride to admit this); anyway, why after 8 years of under .500 production at UNT from DD and not one Top 60 OOC win, why would any of those you list, eally, be interested in DD now?  At a normal school, he would be gone after his ASU loss.  If he wins 4 games next year further widening an under .500 W/L differential , with the group we presently have making decisions at UNT, I'm not sure he would be gone even then. blink.gif

Also add  that most "normal" NCAA D1-A football schools would sorta' like to hire someone that has the proven ability (or serious potential) to take their program to a Top 25 standing.  After 4 bowl games with DD, UNT still can't even smell or see the Top 25 in the distance.  And most schools out there by now know you just won't get such a coach's job if they were to hire  Darrell "But I Went To 4 Bowl Games" Dickey. ph34r.gif   

Jeez!  Are we part of a new Twilight Zone episode at UNT with all this? sad.gif 

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Well said.

Patterson isnt going anywhere. Bennett isnt going anywhere. I think SMU has turned the corner--- just in time to play us. Typical. In fact I would pick them to win 7 games next year. They have a ton of returning starters next year. They also ended their season beating Houston and UTEP... tell me, how close do you think we would have kept those games?

All part of the grand conspiracy, Eagle1855, all part of the conspiracy.  These things just don't happen by chance!  tongue.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Keith

We should play SMU about as close as we did Tulsa. That should make our illustrious SMU grad Chancellor smile just to think about it. As to DD remember " it's just another OOC game, the season doesn't start till we get to the big bad SBC".

TCU wouldn't touch Dickey. The TCU supporters got organized a few years ago and now their program has direction. We're not organized.

If they got organized why can't we??

FFR as poster boy with a caption:

Help Rick Help the Mean Green!!!

PlummMeanGreen as chairman!

Apply soon many offices still up for grabs!