DMN blurb: Cobbs invited to 2 all star game

OldTimer

RB Cobbs invited to all-star games

12:03 AM CST on Wednesday, November 30, 2005

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

DENTON – Senior running back Patrick Cobbs has been invited to play in two postseason all-star games – the Hula Bowl and the Las Vegas All-American Classic.

The Hula Bowl will be played Jan. 21 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, and the Las Vegas All-American Classic is scheduled for Jan. 14.

Cobbs is one of 69 players in NCAA history to complete his career with more than 4,000 rushing yards (4,050). He won the 2003 national rushing title with an average of 152.7 yards a game.

Briefly ...

DENTON – The women's golf team signed Janna Golden from Sugar Land Clements to a national letter of intent in the early signing period. She is the younger sister of current Mean Green golfer Jaclyn Golden.

I'm excited for Patrick. He deserves it for all his hard work.

Even when he couldn't play he still worked hard and helped

the team by mentoring Jamario.

You know, one thing about him was that he hardly ever fumbled.

I like the way he holds onto the ball. He doesn't just carelessly

take it. He really holds onto it and no one is stripping it from

it. Just something I was thinking about.....

These two games will give PC an opportunity to show how good he can be when he's wth the right OLine. I'm sure the NFL scouts are paying attention to this.

Furthermore, I'll like seeing a NT helmet on those fields. Hope you accept the invites Mr Cobbs. They can do a lot for your NFL prospects, and definitely deserve a shot at the bigtime.

here we go again!  we would all love to see an interlocking "NT" on our helmets, but they are not going to change the helmet design just for PC's bowl games.

I think you mistook something there...looks like he just meant our school in general, not logotype.

Its good to get our players out regardless of the specifics. I'd take a duck shocking a squirrel for a helmet decal as long as our guys keep being honored by being chosen to events like this.

Also, we get to display the brand around the stadium as well (many times they ask for flags, banners, etc.)