Mean Green Recruiting Updates

Harry

So does a player in red mean that they're really good?  They're really interested in UNT? Both?  Just trying to contain some of my excitement on a couple of these guys.

There is a key at the top of the page:

Players in red are Hot Prospects.

Players in green are 'strongly' Unofficially Committed to UNT.

Players in blue are 'strongly' Unofficially Committed to another school.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I appreciate the fact that we have 70 prospects but not overwhelmed by most of them. Those that have size do not have 1-A speed and those with good speed are not big for that position.

As much as we need size on the DL, I didn't see anyone that's big enough to play that has impressive speed. On the other hand, some of these 300+ pounders with 5.4 speed might make excellent offensive linemen.

Harry thanks for the update, keep'em coming as we have nothing else to follow now.

I guess I missed when NT dropped all sports but football. Must have happened since I got home from the SuperPit Saturday night.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Greyeagle since when does speed really matter all that much for a D-tackle? You're not going to see to many DT running a 4.8 40 at 300 lbs. And if they are their going to end up at UT.

By speed, I mean 4.9/5.0 range. I've watched Sky Pruitt, for example, fail to put pressure on the quarterback simply because he's too slow. Pressure needs to come (at least periodically) from the middle as well as the wings. There are exceptions, but usually linemen that are 5.3 and above aren't fast/quick enough to play effective defense imo.

Sky Pruitt didn't put pressure on the qb because he was way undersized. Do you really think that the extra .3 in 40 time is that important to a DT. When both your DT avg. 275 thats a problem. Hopefully Thomas is fully recovered and Raymond gets his grades in check, as they are both needed badly next year.

Edited by H-towngreen