game summary from ESPN

eulesseagle

I read the stats, and a couple of things stood out:

1. We threw the ball 37 times. There have been homestands where we didn't throw the ball that many times.

2. We gaine dnearly 400 yards. That's pretty good.

3. Meager completed 16/24 passes. That's good enough for this offense.

4. We gave up over 400 yards. Once again our defense we weak.

Meager has caught a loit of flak this year; in my estimation it is the defense that will have to improve this off-season. The UNT offense isn't that bad. To be competitive next year; we will have to find some linemand (offense and defense) that can play.

I read the stats, and a couple of things stood out:

1. We threw the ball 37 times.  There have been homestands where we didn't throw the ball that many times.

2. We gaine dnearly 400 yards.  That's pretty good.

3. Meager completed 16/24 passes.  That's good enough for this offense.

4. We gave up over 400 yards.  Once again our defense we weak.

Meager has caught a loit of flak this year; in my estimation it is the defense that will have to improve this off-season.  The UNT offense isn't that bad.  To be competitive next year; we will have to find some linemand (offense and defense) that can play.

Stats are a bit misleading. 2nd half was absolute nightmare in offense and offensive playcalling. Meager's completions numbers are also a bit misleading because most of those were 5 yds or less dump passes, when he actually had to throw the ball 10+ yds he wasn't that accurate. I'll admit Meager looked alot better today, but still has alot of work to do if by some odd chance he goes into next year as the starter.

Stats are a bit misleading. 2nd half was absolute nightmare in offense and offensive playcalling. Meager's completions numbers are also a bit misleading because most of those were 5 yds or less dump passes, when he actually had to throw the ball 10+ yds he wasn't that accurate. I'll admit Meager looked alot better today, but still has alot of work to do if by some odd chance he goes into next year as the starter.

Certainly Meager will start Spring drills as the starter. Where it goes from there is up to him.

As for the "dump passes," it's hard to throw deep when both you mid and deep routes are covered. It's also hard to let you receivers get deep when you only have 2 to 3 seconds before the defense is chasing you out of the pocket.

And of course there were two mid to deep passes by Meager that hit the receiver in his hands, only to be dropped. Phillips also had one of those.

He, too, had problems being rushed and having to either take a sack or heave the ball blindly.

We need to develop some pass blocking!

If it isn't bad, it's pretty darn close to being bad.

The stats you psoted as also misleading, as the offense has been getting better each week. The part that disturbs me is that each week we seemingly give up more points. We haven't held an opponent to under 24 points since Florida International. Sunbelt opponents shouldn't score this many points against us.

Me, I'll live with Meager and the rest of the offense. This "defense" really bothers me. Every opponent has lined up and ran straight ahead at us. Very disturbing. I hope they use all 7 mid-year scholarships on defensive linemen. Could really use some help at those positions.