Andrew Smith

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

I know his parents are devout Christians and know he his in a better place right now. Without a doubt he is in heaven right now imagining himself quarterbacking himself to a Mean Green victory.

I want the Smith family to KNOW that the earthly people appreciate and love Andrew. Even with this terrible season, I never once blamed,thought or made excuses (about Drew) and how his death affect the Mean Green. I know he must be happy in heaven.

I ran onto the field to thank his dad and brother and I imagine a lot of people did. Drew chose North Texas despite the KA's taunting. I don't want the Smith's family to EVER forget how thankful we are that Drew joined our family. He was young and made youthful decisions. I can't express my sadness that he isn't here right to learn from his youthfulness.

I will miss Andrew Smith and the bowl win he gave us. I met him at on Bourbon street ... he was such a nice guy.

If the Smiths are reading this, please know how much we miss Drew. And know how much we are thankful for his life and what he meant to your family. I know I can't for a football season without thinking of him. :\

Thanks The Smith Family == for coming to Senior Day. It has helped me heal a little bit.

Edited by JohnDenver