Dickey owes us an apology and an explaination

Mean Green Sig

A down year in Denton is 5 wins - like it was at TCU for just 1 year. This far down deserves an axing. You could bring in a chimp next year and we could win 2 games.

Feel it. Move through it. Emerge from it.

GMG

Every single conference loss was by a TD or less.

This sucks, this is embarassing, this is a complete disaster of a season... but I'm still on board the Dickeywagon until the SMU game.

Congrats to ASU, good for their fans that they get to enjoy a winning season and perhaps a bowl bid.

want excitement look at Tx state now up38-35 in 4th Q after being down 19pts.

We would have given up much like all of the OOC games.

As for DD he doesowe an explanation, why throw short 5 yd passes with :23 left and down by 7 at your own 30??

RF needs to go and so does the Defensive Coordinator, 3 straight games now the Defense dropped the ball on holding.

Today typified the whole season, dumb penalties, dropped passes, missed open receivers, and PC single handedly keeping the team going.

PC will be missed.

This sucks, this is embarassing, this is a complete disaster of a season... but I'm still on board the Dickeywagon until the SMU game.

Congrats to ASU, good for their fans that they get to enjoy a winning season and perhaps a bowl bid.

Thank you. I'm the same, as are many others. Next year tells us whre we really are. In the mantime, Great job this year from Patrick Cobbs, and welcome J-Mo back to the starting lineup!!!!!!!!!

GMG!!!

Hank Dickinson loves to point this out too. He even said on the air after the game that the losses this year were no fault of the players or the coaching staff. I know he's limited in what he can say critically of the program, as a part of it, but I'm curious who he would be willing to criticize in a 2-9 season. Maybe Diet Coke guy?

Hank Dickinson loves to point this out too. He even said on the air after the game that the losses this year were no fault of the players or the coaching staff. I know he's limited in what he can say critically of the program, as a part of it, but I'm curious who he would be willing to criticize in a 2-9 season. Maybe Diet Coke guy?

And quite a few of our Wins in the past 4 years were close. Fact are facts. There is a difference between a down year and not having a competitive teams on the field (don't just judge based on Sun Belt - remember the OOC games).

Dickey and Flannigan owe us an apology and an explaination for the entire 2005 season.

This might happen... never. DD does not now and has never believed he owes the fans one damn thing. Name one other school in America where the coach makes the comments DD does aimed at the fans. THERE IS NOT ANOTHER PLACE!!!!! Before you reply please take off your green glasses and your I Luv DD pin ohmy.gif

I also believe we are allowed an off year. DD said in his post game show he is going to look at the entire program and see what needs to be fixed. I would like to see us find a more experienced offensive coordinator with a few more years of coaching under his belt. I thought I had heard somewhere that Flannigan was the youngest OC in the league.

I do trust Rick V is leading this program in the right direction. We may not be moving forward as fast as we would like, but I do believe we are moving forward!

I will continue to give money and buy my season tickets to support the program no matter who the coach is. The program cannot move forward without all our support. I may not like some of the coaching philosophies but there are alot of young men who chose to play for NT. I think they deserve our support.

First off I'm not a DD fan. I love the school, give a lot of $, and bleed green.

I'm not a DD fan because I like exciting football like TT. I like coaches that go

after the top kids and build an exciting dream that recruits want to be a part of

and that the fans want to be envolved with.

Having said that, for $200M a year DD is about all you can get. Being in the

Belt doesn't help and I understand that if we were in CUSA we could recruit

a better quality athlete and a new stadium would also be a plus. We aren't

in CUSA, but with DD at the helm I feel that we would be about the middle of

the pack.

I really feel that RV is waiting for the "right" time to step up to the plate and

pay for a "big name" when we are in a better conference and are about to

build a new stadium. If this isn't so, NT needs to be honest with us and tell

us that we are about as committed as this school is ever going to be.

See, the problem is that some of us have never felt we were second class. We

are embarressed when we can't even beat Sun Belt conference schools and are

demoralized when we are beaten soundly by the LSU's, Kansas States, etc. I

want to be a part of a program that doesn't find excuses for being second rate,

but, says we are going to be something speacial and then goes out and shouts

it from the rooftops. If we can't be the best Div 1 then I want to be the best

1AA. The only problem is I don't won't to be Div.1AA. Being in the 6th largest

TV market, with 34000 students and, within 30 miles of 3 million people, with

well over a 100,000 alums and the only other schools close by are expensive

private schools, we should be sought after by the Big 12, the Mountain West,

and certainly by CUSA. Can't blame them when when schools like TCU, Baylor,

and even SMU might have passed us up. Oh well, pray that Kansas State has

a brain f--t and takes DD. He can leave the sorry NT fans that he must loathe

and we can reignite the program.

First off I'm not a DD fan. I love the school, give a lot of $, and bleed green.

I'm not a DD fan because I like exciting football like TT. I like coaches that go

after the top kids and build an exciting dream that recruits want to be a part of

Having said that, for $200M a year DD is about all you can get.

I find that hard to believe. How much does Frank Solich make at Ohio U? How much does Howard Schnellenberger make at FAU? Those are two very good coaches at small budget schools.

Not ready to get rid of Darrell yet. He still had 4 conference championships in a row, something no one else has done at NT. That earns at least one down year.

4 confernce wins in the absolute worst conference in Division I-A football.

Many of those wins came against pitiful competition.

The real indicator on how the program is progressing is how we do against better competition.

We have all seen what happens when we play teams that are even mid majors.

First off I'm not a DD fan.  I love the school, give a lot of $, and bleed green.

I'm not a DD fan because I like exciting football like TT.  I like coaches that go

Having said that, for $200M a year DD is about all you can get.  Being in the

Belt doesn't help and I understand that if we were in CUSA we could recruit

a better quality athlete and a new stadium would also be a plus.  We aren't

in CUSA, but with DD at the helm I feel that we would be about the middle of

the pack.

I really feel that RV is waiting for the "right" time to step up to the plate and

pay for a "big name" when we are in a better conference and are about to

build a new stadium.  If this isn't so, NT needs to be honest with us and tell

us that we are about as committed as this school is ever going to be.

See, the problem is that some of us have never felt we were second class.  We

are embarressed when we can't even beat Sun Belt conference schools and are

demoralized when we are beaten soundly by the LSU's, Kansas States, etc.  I

want to be a part of a program that doesn't find excuses for being second rate,

but, says we are going to be something speacial and then goes out and shouts

it from the rooftops.  If we can't be the best Div 1 then I want to be the best

1AA.  The only problem is I don't won't to be Div.1AA.  Being in the 6th largest

TV market, with 34000 students and, within 30 miles of 3 million people, with

well over a 100,000 alums and the only other schools close by are expensive

private schools, we should be sought after by the Big 12, the Mountain West,

and certainly by CUSA.  Can't blame them when when schools like TCU, Baylor,

and even SMU might have passed us up.  Oh well, pray that Kansas State has

a brain f--t and takes DD.  He can leave the sorry NT fans that he must loathe

and we can reignite the program.

Truer words have not been spoken (or posted). Good post, greendog.

Well, as we all know, DD isn't going anywhere and so cries for his dismissal are wasted breath in my book. You do have every right to voice your displeasure.

We had 4 pretty good years with conference championships and bowl trips. And please spare me the rhetoric about the quality of the conference - it's the conference we are in and our goal should be to win it. For that success DD deserves credit.

We didn't see the non-conference success we had hoped for either.

This year was an extreme disappointment for a lot of reasons and DD has said this himself. Everyone had high hopes and expectations. As it turns out we were outmanned in most of these ball games when it counted.

I said earlier in the season that I would wait to evaluate things after the season was over. Well, lipstick on a pig still leaves you with a pig and this season sucked to high heaven no doubt.

To me - the Silver lining is that there are some players to build this thing around. So all is not lost. However, there need to be some changes. Something that we are doing is flawed, something isn't working. You don't win the Sun Belt four times in a row and end up with a smaller offensive and defensive line than every Sun Belt team you play. There needs to be some quality control here. Something is not right with the process.

I don't think this is time for mean green mutiny. Let's see what happens, before we start threatening Jihad's and such.

I think 2006 is a real critical year for this program. I also think that Dickey deserves a chance to get things back on track.

I also believe we are allowed an off year.  DD said in his post game show he is going to look at the entire program and see what needs to be fixed.  I would like to see us find a more experienced offensive coordinator with a few more years of coaching under his belt.  I thought I had heard somewhere that Flannigan was the youngest OC in the league. 

I do trust Rick V is leading this program in the right direction.  We may not be moving forward as fast as we would like, but I do believe we are moving forward!

I will continue to give money and buy my season tickets to support the program no matter who the coach is.  The program cannot move forward without all our support.  I may not like some of the coaching philosophies but there are alot of young men who chose to play for NT.  I think they deserve our support.

YES, YES