Ark State just scored to go ahead with 30 seconds

OldTimer

offense for the 3rd straight game gave the defense a chance to shine and sure enough they screw it up.

TJ Covington is all talk, he was good only for cheap shots and blown coverages.

Jamel though admirable was just to green for the switch from O to D.

At least we have some experience returning next year.

offense for the 3rd straight game gave the defense a chance to shine and sure enough they screw it up.

TJ Covington is all talk, he was good only for cheap shots and blown coverages.

Jamel though admirable was just to green for the switch from O to D.

At least we have some experience returning next year.

Although we have alot of the defense returning next year, I saw very little improvement among this group throughout the season. They didn't progress from last year to this year. This team couldn't tackle all day and pretty much missed tons of tackles throughout the season, and made bad offenses look like USC.

Next yr could be more of the same... What will we do without Cobbs? huh.gif

The players we have on this team just aren't very good (with exception to a handful) and do not stack up to the talent we had from 2002-2004. The next couple of years are going to be rough.

Edited by ipEAGLE

Although we have alot of the defense returning next year, I saw very little improvement among this group throughout the season. They didn't progress from last year to this year. This team couldn't tackle all day and pretty much missed tons of tackles throughout the season, and made bad offenses look like USC.

On the radio on parts that i heard they talked about how the defense would only hit the guys but not wrap them up. guess they would rather make the highlight reel tackle the opponent for a loss.

If we are holding RF accountable for the Offense, we sure as hell need to hold the DC responsible for the lack of progress on the defensive side.

Here comes SMU.... do we have the talent to beat them?  ohmy.gif

I dont know about talnet. Do we have the coaching to beat them? Will we be prepared? SMU beat U of H last week (a team that has alot of speed and offensive fire-power) and just wailed on UTEP. The are going in to the off season with alot of momentum.

I dont think we could have kept within 21 points of Texas State this year.

This is a really frustrating day for NT fans.

Here comes SMU.... do we have the talent to beat them?  ohmy.gif

You've got to hand it SMU for knowing when to schedule UNT. A few years ago, they wouldnt come to Denton if hell froze over. Now they have to be licking their chops. They knocked of the Horny Toads this year and if they can blow NT out they'd have bragging rights in teh DFW area. How would that look in the eyes of potential recruits living in the north Texas area????

On the radio on parts that i heard they talked about how the defense would only hit the guys but not wrap them up. guess they would rather make the highlight reel tackle the opponent for a loss.

They weren't imagining things either, that's exactly what went on. I saw at least 3 would-be sacks turn into incompletions because the QB took the lick and kept on scrambling. I saw on 3-4 occasions where LB's and DE's would get into the backfield but only push the running back.