Giftwrapping a 2-9 season, just in time for

Green Grenade II

Our mighty Mean Green were supposed to be this offensive juggernaut as the fall practices started. Back-to-Back National Rushing Champions...tons of publicity...

then during the summer Joey ('xcuse me while I flunk out) Byerly was persona non grata (whatever the hell that means). So, we threw Daniel in the lion's den. But, we won at Middle Tennessee, and came into Fouts Field for our eagerly awaited home opener. We were pumped with with excitement! I was! We had weapons of mass detruction. Alas, we were deceived. No weapons found. 54-2, and three more consecutive losses at Fouts!

I feel sorry for the players and everyone attending the games! I do not regret driving to Ruston. The trip was enjoyable, and the comedy on the field was good for "laughs."

Next year? With our current head coaching, forget it! I'm ready for basketball! See you at The Super Pit! I will NOT attend the Arknasas State stunt game on the 26th!

Factually, we would have possibly ended the season no better than in 5th place in the Southland Conference. Considering ULM lost to Northwestern State Louisiana earlier in the season, the Demons finished 3-3 and in 4th place in the SLC this year. That sort of gives you an idea just how far our 4 time conference championship program has fallen.

Still, I'm looking forward to next season. There's no where to go but up.

Rick