Expectations

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Man this season started out so great. Then it went way downhill. I'm not so concerned by the conference losses in and of themselves. 3 games by a total of 9 points. Problem is that these other teams are so bad I would expect to be destroying them. Now you can make all the excuses about the QB etc, but the program has to prepare in the long term. That should be expected. I don't feel like this season has dropped off too bad compared to previous years, because many of our previous conference wins have been close. Now that Baylor game we won I remember observing how well the team executed. Could have stayed on the field with anyone that night. We just don't get that level of intensity and execution very often. I expect a program that can deliver that on a much more consistent basis. Certainly our ahtletes have to come out with as much as they can give, but the staff has to help them to work together. That is missing right now. I don't really care who is doing it, as long as someone is there getting the players to reach an outstanding level of intensity and getting them prepared to execute in the game.

Our players should expect to kick the dog out of Louisiana Monroe, not lose in a dogfight. Folks, this Louisiana Monroe is not a great team we are talking about. Rise to the occasion and make a statement.