Has DD finally cracked under the pressure?

NT80

from the thread on Game Predictions, Moot writes:

QUOTE(MootPoint @ Nov 17 2005, 09:45 PM)

"Actually, I am now unfortunately aware that DD has apparently thrown in the towel this week; practices are jokes and they are getting out very early. . . ."

..............................................................................................................

My take: I don't think we should be paying for a coach that throws in the towel during the season, no matter how bad it gets. mad.gif

MOOT!

You can't be serious! He can't be letting practices out early! Sweet Christ almighty, this isnt the time for that!

If anything, he needs to be busting tails out there.

Off subject, but MeanGreenDork's "NT" helmet icon is one helluva' good looking football helmet. blink.gif Hellsbells! I hope that doesn't start the 1,000'th thread on how we arrange the 2 letters "N" and "T"....... unsure.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS...

El Guapo also wonders if people notice that practices are usually shorter at the end of the year?

Well, I can't argue with the fact that the government is using satellites for brain control, but....

Maybe you missed this:

practices are jokes

That worries me more than getting let out early, if this is true. And considering the source I'm inclined to believe it. mad.gif

Well, "letting out practice early" and "practices are a joke" are not the same thing.

It could be that DD has decided that his usual "grueling" practices (especially in the spring and fall) haven't produced the results that he had hoped for. So maybe since the championship is no longer a possibility, he's trying something different.

Edited by SilverEagle

Off subject, but MeanGreenDork's "NT" helmet icon is one helluva' good looking football helmet. blink.gif  Hellsbells!  I hope that doesn't start the 1,000'th thread on how we arrange the 2 letters "N" and "T".......  unsure.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS...

For athletics, it's "NT" since that's what on the helmets, the jerseys and a lot of the fan gear. I dunno...the current helmet is okay, but maybe the Eagle wouldve been better or just "NT" in the font they're using now. It's hard to read "North Texas" with the way the helmets are right now.

but maybe the Eagle wouldve been better or just "NT" in the font they're using now. It's hard to read "North Texas" with the way the helmets are right now.

Agreed.

Maybe we should put a green eagle on a black helmet if baylor is going to continue to wear green helmets. (tho Id like to see the same green helmet with a white eagle). And why wouldnt they? they seem to enjoy "aquiring" our other traditions, such as the battle flag. Idiots.

Oh, sorry for jacking the thread, just read back to the original post and realize it has nothing to do with what I am typing.

We will know tomorrow night around 7pm if DD has mailed it in.

Edited by Eagle1855

from the thread on Game Predictions, Moot writes:

QUOTE(MootPoint @ Nov 17 2005, 09:45 PM)

"Actually, I am now unfortunately aware that DD has apparently thrown in the towel this week; practices are jokes and they are getting out very early. . . ." 

..............................................................................................................

My take:  I don't think we should be paying for a coach that throws in the towel during the season, no matter how bad it gets.  mad.gif

Come on, he's won four conference titles. He deserves to throw in the towel after 8 games. What's the problem?