Recruits Listed on Scout.com

UNTLifer

I hate thay we wait till almost Feb. to start getting verbals. Yet I guess I somewhat understand. It is still very early in the game. It would be nice to at least see signs of progress like the other schools listed. You would also have to think that players being recruited by NT would also like to know who else NT has coming in. A better source for NT recruiting is the MGR. Does anyone know how many offers we have out yet?

Edited by H-towngreen

yes.

A better question is why are these schools already lining up classes with a several 3 star recruits (or better) and have verbal commitments, while we have 0.

Why?

I WANT better, but I don't expect it. This isn't the NFL. We're not gonna get high draft picks for being terrible. We're getting outrecruited in Texas by ULfreakingM right now, and you're worried about TCU?

One thing to note, as has been pointed out here, and is a good indicator of why we haven't gotten a lot of verbals yet, is that many of our recruits have lists of:

BCS

BCS

BCS

UNT (offer)

We'll get the ones that don't get offered by those BCS schools. That's how we recruit.

yes.

A better question is why are these schools already lining up classes with a several 3 star recruits (or better) and have verbal commitments, while we have 0.

Houston

Baylor

SMU

UTEP

TCU

We are just now finding out who has been winnning recruiting wars over the last 3 years.

Said this before, but for you stuck on the "but DD has taken us to 4 bowl games" bandwagon; well, neither Tulsa U or La Tech have been to 4 bowl games in the last 4 years, but it appears they have out-hustled us on the recruiting trails in almost that same number of years inasmuch as how they man-handled us this year on the gridiron. (TU only gave us our worse home loss in our entire football history spanning back to the early part of last century).

I can almost deal with Tulsa U having been successful over UNT in recruiting over the last several years because of Golden Hurricane Coach Steve Kragthorpe and their location, but for crissakes' people, getting beat on the recruiting trails by La Tech, La Tech's none-plans for football related facility improvements and Ruston, Louisiana?

GOD BLESS TEXAS....

Edited by PlummMeanGreen