Was this season just bad luck?

meangreen11

I was thing about it and losing Byerly was huge I think it really hurt the confidence. Then you have tj raymond lost, the guy was the heart of the defense. Then issac thomas goes down with a severe illness. Sean Early lost to a knee. Allan harrison doesn't make his grades. This program has been in a funk since Drew passed away.

We had a lot of bad luck.

I also think that the academic advisors responsible for getting these guys what they need to pass should do better too

these things just happen to a program every now and then. we dont have the depth that Bama Does to deal with issues and still be a competitive team. we can handle some but not this many. I am not saying that we go 10-1 with no injuries or deaths or grade issues, but I bet we have a much better season without them.

I also think that the academic advisors responsible for getting these guys what they need to pass should do better too

The academic advisors can't do much when the kids don't put forth the effort. The players must be responsible for themselves. No one held your hand. Just because someone has athletic talent does not mean they get a free grade. They still have to do what is needed to get the grades. And by the way North Texas has the highest APR out of all public texas colleges. the AA's are doing their jobs and doing the quite well.

Good to hear that but when you lose your starting quarterback and top defensive tackle it makes you wonder if there is any attention being given them. Your right tho its up to the kids to get it done.

The academic advisors can't do much when the kids don't put forth the effort. The players must be responsible for themselves.  No one held your hand. Just because someone has athletic talent does not mean they get a free grade.  They still have to do what is needed to get the grades.  And by the way North Texas has the highest APR out of all public texas colleges. the AA's are doing their jobs and doing the quite well.