Fort Worth Star Telegram reporting

eulesseagle

If DD gets this job, then all i have to say to him is i hope he goes up there and continues the success that K-State has had with Snyder.

Now i will throw out one name that i would like to see NT try and bring in here with this scenero happens.

This coach has great Texas ties, has coached at big name programs, and is currently unemployed in the coaching profession.

BOB DAVIE

Very intriguing. I've always wondered why more programs did not offer him a job. He must love being an analyst.

NT won't be able pay him BCS conference money, but an incentive laden contract similar to UTEP's Mike Price might do it. How much would attendnce rise if ND's former coach took over at NT? Recruiting & attendance would receive an instant impact.

Edited by Got5onIt

Although I do not think this will happen for Dickey, I almost want it to so the DD-haters will realize that life without DD will not be all peaches and cream.

Find where any of the "haters" said it would be peaches and cream. Of course, by some of your definitions, peaches and cream means having a team that can only beat the Sun Belt, in which case I'm pretty sure we could get "peaches and cream" enough years to make you all happy. It's easy enough to please the low expectations crowd.

Some of us are willing to take a risk in order to move this program forward. If we can't win 50% of our games while playing in the worst conference around, we're only treading water.

As for Davie, the only problem with him is that he was basically run out of Notre Dame. I don't necessarily think it was fair, but there's some animosity for him and a belief that he hasn't always gotten the most out of his teams, especially as an in-game manager. I think there might be some better bets for the price, if you can lure them away.

Still, I think it's all a moot point. I don't believe Kansas State will hire Dickey.

Fan19440--

Patterson is currently on a 3-year deal of (I saw the figure today in the Startlegram) of $2.6 or $2.7 million. I am guessing that with incentives he makes a little over $1,000,000 per year.

DD's base is about $225,000....with incentives (i am guessing) a little less than $300,000 per year.

IMHO, DD would like to move up to the next level of competition, especially the money!!!....heck anyone would like a $600,000 per year raise.

At least Coach Dickey is expanding his repitoir of offensive plays this year. I think we have seen the beginning of the metomorphis of DD. Hopefully, it will continue and his philosophy will change from keeping it close to the 4th quarter so we have a chance to win to.........let's take charge of this game in the first quarter and kick their butts.

Another ESPN guy would be Jim Donnan. If I'm right he was at Georgia. Not sure where else. But he has always given NT alot of love.

He would get my vote also. I've heard him say more positive things about NT in 5 televised games than DD has in 8 seasons. dry.gif

Edited by NT80

What I find concerning is the possibility of searching for a new head coach and a new president at the same time. Seems like the head coach search could get lost very quickly even cast to the side. If it happens that we need both in the same year then hopefully we have a pro athletics president in place prior to needing to search for a head coach. I would think hiring a high caliber coach would be easier if the presidential post were not in turmoil.

Frogville is about to dump over 100mil more into new construction as they continue to gobble up surrounding land, level it and put up something real purdy.

That being said, many big time frog alums have been looking for a reason to get rid of Patterson

(sound familiar) This was seen as his make or break year, and unfortunatley, in many of their eyes, Gunn went down and forced his hand to the unknown backup. They think his playcalling is suspect, and that he has been living off of Frans successes. Now having said that, they are thrilled with the team this year, but I feel like they are just waiting for the next down year to have a reason to fire him.

Patterson knows this, and so I think he would be crazy not to jump at KSU.

I don't see K State having the money to lure Patterson away from TCU.  TCU has spent over $40 Million in facility upgrades alone the past 5 years.  Other than being in the Big 12, does K State have more to offer than TCU?

Rick

Here's the most important set of questions IF Dickey does get picked up:

Who Becomes The Next Head Coach? Who Are Good Candidates?

Anyone got names of other college coaches (DIAA?) or high school coaches who'd take up the NT flag?

(Coach Hayden Fry or Actor Scott Bakula. Both have led our school to greatness tongue.gif )

Edited by meangreendork