A look back to the beginning of this year

FirefightnRick

This is what it's all about. I just now got some film developed, I apologize it's so late. But it's nice to look back and remember some of the more memorable times of this season starting with the GMG.com Smoke Out we had for the team back in August. And then some photo's of our trip to MTSU and some of the great Blue Raider fans we met there.

Barbecue..Mean Green Nation Style. Does it look like it was 100+ that day?

Preparing 250lbs of briskette.

Ex Elks..........Hey, I used to look that fit too when I played for BHS..............NOT!

This ain't Luby's

Emmitt, Lucky Danny and myself in front of the famous "Hillbilly Hilton"

Emmitt, Kajun Raider, myself and others at MTSU.

Forgive me with the names, but the gentleman on the far left of the above photo is one of MTSU's asst AD's?, and the guy in the #1 jersey on the far right is the famous KajunRaider. The Blue Raider folks were fantastic. I would love to go back for the post season conference basketball tourney and hang with them again. Well worth the 12 hour road trip.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

This is what it's all about.  I just now got some film developed, I apologize it's so late.  But it's nice to look back and remember some of the more memorable times of this season starting with the GMG.com Smoke Out we had for the team back in August.  And then some photo's of our trip to MTSU and some of the great Blue Raider fans we met there.

Barbecue..Mean Green Nation Style.  Does it look like it was 100+ that day?

Preparing 250lbs of briskette.

Ex Elks..........Hey, I used to look that fit too when I played for BHS..............NOT!

This ain't Luby's

Emmitt, Lucky Danny and myself in front of the famous "Hillbilly Hilton"

Emmitt, Kajun Raider, myself and others at MTSU.

Forgive me with the names, but the gentleman on the far left of the above photo is one of MTSU's asst AD's?, and the guy in the #1 jersey on the far right is the famous KajunRaider.  The Blue Raider folks were fantastic.  I would love to go back for the post season conference basketball tourney and hang with them again.  Well worth the 12 hour road trip.

Rick

Nice Pics. The guy on the far left is actually our AD Chris Massaro.

Awesome pics.

This is the first year since 1986 that I miss a Mean Green game in person. I went home for the LSU opener and we all know what happened to that game.

So for those of you who are sick of watching the Mean Green and will only watch the ut's of the world from here on out - have fun. If I could have driven over water to see MY team in person I would not have missed it for the world. I am relinquished to watching all of those other "competitive games" and can only listen to MY team from here on out.

Cherish what few precious Saturday's of Mean Green football you get.

Aloha,

GMG

Nice Pics. The guy on the far left is actually our AD Chris Massaro.

Good post, NM. I really hated it when ya'll left the conference. Love it in Las Cruces.

As for RRick, thank you for the props. I reckon the uglier a person is, the more he gets noticed in photos (hence, KAjunRaider).

I really wished I would have made an effort to meet more UNT fans earlier in the SBC thang. Ya'll are class. No other word needed to describe.

The first UNT guy I ever met was a rude a-hole, and I let that get to me. Now, I realize that he was the exception to the rule, and that MT has plenty of their own a-hole fans. So don't judge a book by his/her school colors.

Win or lose, that is what college athletics is all about.

And, remember, what Mean Green fans are going through this season, all the rest of us have been going through for 4 years. I know it's tough, but .......one year......ya'll ain't seen "rough" yet.

Until we meet again, RRick, SoundMan, and Emmitt..........best of luck!