Huge Announcement Soon

Eagle-96

NT official website now lists Expected completion date for the new football stadium as fall 2009. It also lists Expected completion date for the Baseball stadium as Summer 2006... At least they are putting a stake in the ground to shoot for. Then if they miss that date well... ph34r.gif

LINK

Edited by Stan R

After all the fussin' and a fightin' I thought everyone could use some:

user posted image

AND

user posted image

AND......................... I'M BAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK! blink.gif (But obviously a much smaller announcement with that). rolleyes.gif

ps: am just now getting over the flu (sorta') which started mid Game Day afternoon. Still wanted to come up until the puking part began. Don't think any of you OR any NT assistant coaches would have walked anywhere near Section D or E if I had come up and started doing that in the stands. huh.gif Yet I took the "bad feeling" time to give myself a vacation from GMG.com and for yall--A VACATION FROM ME! ohmy.gif

psII: thanks for the emails from a few of you fellow alums and MG fans. Now, with yalls permission and using this thread as a subtle hint I am coming up with some new thoughts on:

The New Stadium Located on Prime Interstate Real Estate Between Those 2 Gol Darned Texas Interstates! blink.gif

psiii: Some very interesting "catch up" reading this afternoon on threads post ULL game! Very interesting.....Jeez! Bill "Silver Eagle" you're a freakin' media star! laugh.gif

I hope "EVERYONE" has cooled their jets a bit. We must move forward with ALL OUR OUR FANS no matter how good or bad they feel post ULL loss AND..............and because we are going thru the (many times) frustrations of a rebuidling football season.

GMG! LOVE YA' ALL LIKE BROS. AND SISTERS! NOW GO GET YOUR DARN FLU SHOTS, RIGHT? blink.gif

Name a 60's pop song that Eagle-96's graphics might remind some of you and who was the musical artist who made that song title famous? cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

How about the donation of a whole lot of land? ph34r.gif

FATHER: Stop that, stop that! You're not going to do a song while I'm here. Now listen lad, in twenty minutes you're getting married to a girl whose father owns the biggest tracts of open land in Britain.

HERBERT: But I don't want land.

FATHER: Listen, Alice...

HERBERT: Herbert.

FATHER: Herbert. We live in a bloody swamp. We need all the land we can get.

HERBERT: But I don't like her.

FATHER: Don't like her?! What's wrong with her? She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge... tracts of land.

That is all great news to hear. I say GMG needs to hop on board and raise enough money to purchase something for the new athletic center.

I would suggest what I saw at a A$M football game on TV...an air conditioning machine that FB players plugged a tube from this machine into their shoulder pads.on the sidelines and their shoulder pads absorbed the cold air keeping them fresh in the heat of the game....big advantage over those those teams not having their equipment.

Edited by OldTimer

I would suggest what I saw at a A$M football game on TV...an air conditioning machine that FB players plugged a tube from this machine into their shoulder pads.on the sidelines and their shoulder pads absorbed the cold air keeping them fresh in the heat of the game....big advantage over those those teams not having their equipment.

Didn't seem to help them much vs. Iowa State.

So Moot, when is this announcement going to happen? Will it benefit Athletics?

Edited by NT80

Name a 60's pop song that Eagle-96's graphics might remind some of you and who was the musical artist who made that song title famous? 

OK, I'll bite.  "Good Day Sunshine" - The BeaTles   cool.gif

Hunter, I would have preferred that song. But I believe that Plumm is referring to the (1965) Leslie Gore single "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows".

I think that the record company (Mercury, by the way) might have warned people who are diabetic, that if they listen to the song, it would be at their own peril. blink.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

Ok, I had an epiphany on the way home. I think I know the answer to Moot's riddle. Here are the details:

UNT owns some land somewhere in South Denton or North Tarrant county

There are some significant mineral rights attached

It is under a portion of the Barnett Shale

Ching Ching $$$$$$$$

laugh.gif

Moot - am I Hot/Cold/Lukewarm?

Troy had those, and used them. And I think it was like 65 degrees at kickoff. Now I know playing football at any temperature can make you pretty hot in those pads, but sweat is good for you!

Ok, I had an epiphany on the way home.  I think I know the answer to Moot's riddle.  Here are the details:

UNT owns some land somewhere in South Denton or North Tarrant county

There are some significant mineral rights attached

It is under a portion of the Barnett Shale

Ching Ching $$$$$$$$

laugh.gif

Moot - am I Hot/Cold/Lukewarm?

I think that I've already read something about gas well drilling being planned on University land. The question is how much land does the University own?

Because if the University owns enough land, there could possibly be multiple wells being drilled on them.

Also, in order for the University to benefit from the drilling, the person (or persons) that donated the land must also sign over to the University, the mineral rights to the land.

Edited by SilverEagle