Hate to be a Mean Green apologist...

Norwester

...but there are some very positive things to take away from this game.

- Cobbs rushing for more than his YPG

- Meager completing 57% of his passes, several on on 3rd down

- Signs of the O-line coming together

- Battling back from an early deficit

Yes, they lost. But I actually feel better about this than a lackluster win over FIU

No, they won't be going to the Lafayette Bowl, but the way the team performed in the first seven games, did they deserve to?

Go Mean Green

Sun Belt Title in '06

- PC was great last night.

- Meager completed more, but he's gotta do something about those interceptions. He throws at least 1 per game.

- Coming back from the deficit was great, too bad the D didn't hold off ULL's short passing game.

Although the loss wasn't pretty, it was better than that win over FIU. The team looked like a team on Offense, and I liked that. I'm going to look for wins (not expect them) for the rest of the season, then I'm going to expect a sharp team and an SBC ring next year.

As much as the offense has struggled this year, I was VERY impressed that they put 28 points on the board for the game. It would have been very easy to roll over and die in the second half down 21-7.

I think DD opened up the offense a little and we see that Meager can throw. Cobbs ran like a man on a mission.

It was a disapointing loss, but I don't think anyone on that sideline should hang their head over this. The team played better then any other game of the season.