Weiss, ND coach

eulesseagle

The gap between the BCS and non-BCS is (in deed) getting wider. Where it all stops no one knows. Are salary and budget caps needed in the NCAA?

And now the ND head football coach's contract takes it to a new (ridiculous) level, but in Mean Green Country we really do need to (with great haste) make up for 30+ years of football venues neglect. (Brother, can you spare some dimes that adds up to about $50 million)? laugh.gif

GMG!

Weiss makes more a game than DD does in a season? amazing.

I think its ridiculous to pay a coach that much, but I also think its ridiculous to do this after just 7 some odd games... I mean, really? My guess would be that Notre Dame thinks they have their ticket back to becoming a national elite power and wants to hang on to him. Truth is, they almost (and should have) beat a USC team who's defense isnt as near as good as last years (still impressive, but does one game a season make?), beat a sorry Pitt and UW team, an average purdue team a schizo michigan team and lost to Michigan State.

Yeah, they have done well and Im not trying to take away from that, but its a bit early (IMO) to be writing checks that large.

I think its ridiculous to pay a coach that much, but I also think its ridiculous to do this after just 7 some odd games... I mean, really? My guess would be that Notre Dame thinks they have their ticket back to becoming a national elite power and wants to hang on to him. Truth is, they almost (and should have) beat a USC team who's defense isnt as near as good as last years (still impressive, but does one game a season make?), beat a sorry Pitt and UW team, an average purdue team a schizo michigan team and lost to Michigan State.

Yeah, they have done well and Im not trying to take away from that, but its a bit early (IMO) to be writing checks that large.

And this week they will lose 27-20 to an underachieving Vols team ... after agreeing to a contract that a CEO would like to have mua ha ha. Notre Dame hasn't won at home, and UT has *sucked* so ND will think they have the week off, and the Vols will perform where people thought they would pre-season.

Those Yankee-Catholics will love the sound of Rocky Top at the end of the game. And then Phil Fulmer and Charlie Weiss will sumo-wrestle in the middle of the field for the post-game showdown. Fortunately, b/c of ND's Catholic Affilitiation -- they will have to wear their regular coaching attire, and not that of sumo-wrestlers.

And this week they will lose 27-20 to an underachieving Vols team ... after agreeing to a contract that a CEO would like to have mua ha ha. Notre Dame hasn't won at home, and UT has *sucked* so ND will think they have the week off, and the Vols will perform where people thought they would pre-season.

Those Yankee-Catholics will love the sound of Rocky Top at the end of the game. And then Phil Fulmer and Charlie Weiss will sumo-wrestle in the middle of the field for the post-game showdown. Fortunately, b/c of ND's Catholic Affilitiation -- they will have to wear their regular coaching attire, and not that of sumo-wrestlers.

Do you bring religion into it because your a bigot, ignorant, or just a self superior jerk in general?

I'm sure this will be pulled, but I felt a need to comment at least once...

Or can this board just not go a few months without slamming a major religion....

Edited by Michael Scott

I agree with you 100%. It'a amazing how the media hypes up ND and Joe Public eats it up like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

ND is a slightly above mediocre, IMO. Willingham pulled the same thing in his first season winning something like the first 8 games.

This is just a marketing hype from NBC who dished out 100million to ND for a rights to broadcast games. rolleyes.gif

Do you bring religion into it because your a bigot, ignorant, or just a self superior jerk in general?

I'm sure this will be pulled, but I felt a need to comment at least once...

Or can this board just not go a few months without slamming a major religion....

Sorry... take out Catholics on the first statement one and just insert the word Yankees. ND is the NY Yankees of College Football. They win some games, and they are hyped to hell if they show any signs of being decent. That annoys the hell out of me.

And the second reference was complimenting the Catholic church. They wouldn't let the coaches go out on the field in sumo-attire if they were going to wrestle -- and frankly, I think that's a good thing. Or would you rather see Charlie Weiss and Phil Fulmer scantily clad? <Vomits>