Guy Morriss, HC Baylor

eulesseagle

In the Fort Worth Startlegram today Guy Morriss said, (and I paraphrase) "trying to keep a game close to win is like taking a shower with your sister." laugh.gif

Makes you wonder how many showers DD took with his sister(s) (if any)??? laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Almost spilled my coffee. Too bad DD doesn't see it that way.

Actually, I don't know about some of you, but I've heard this "we like to give ourselves a chance by staying in the game up to the 4'th quarter" from other NCAA quarters as well. I know I've heard player's from other schools media interviews say that because I recall thinking how that was NT's philosophy as well.

Of course many of us have also heard at NT that "with our offense we cannot afford to get too far behind" and so I guess keeping it close up to the 4'th quarter is sort of a, uh, "we don't really have a choice but to do this" type of deal, right?" unsure.gif

As far as tonight's game, let's enjoy the half million we make and play a whole bunch of NT football players and chock it up for experience. I still can't get excited about playing Top 10 schools. Most of you may recall some of our best games against higher profile schools that we won even in the Corky Nelson era were against schools NOT ranked in the Top 10 or Top 25 best I recall. They were still nice victories, but not to be confused with wins against the NCAA's elite.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen